PDA

View Full Version : holden vy v6 info inaccurate

vizzy
February 26th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Hi to all
When using v4 ver 6.5 when reading info i have found some gauges inaccurate ie maf sensor reading 80 gps when it should be about 5-9 gps. I have checked this with another car and the same

Blacky
February 27th, 2011, 11:34 AM
What makes you think the value is incorrect? i.e. why do you think it should be 5-9gps instead of 80gps?
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just trying to figure where the 5-9gps figures are coming from so I've got somewhere to start looking.

Regards
Paul

kangsta
February 27th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Hi to all
When using v4 ver 6.5 when reading info i have found some gauges inaccurate ie maf sensor reading 80 gps when it should be about 5-9 gps. I have checked this with another car and the same

There's no scaling in the included def so the numbers your seeing is the raw data (unscaled). From memory the scaling is 0.0625 to give you g/sec. That makes your 80 reading exactly 5 g/sec :)

vizzy
February 27th, 2011, 10:46 PM
The 80 gps was at idle, and when at part throttle it maxes out on the dash guage ( of efi live) which is 300gps. I have seen it in aldl data go over 1200 gps.
I got the 5-9 gps figures out of the holden service training manuals. One thing i have found is that the Hz figures are correct. I got 2397 Hz at the 81 gps figure at idle, and the service manual says 2450 - 2600 Hz. I am wondering if the gauges can be callabrated, fine tuned??

vizzy
February 27th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I there a way to set up the gauge to auto scale??

Blacky
February 28th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I have not verified the scaling that Kangsta suggested, but it sounds right.
If you want to set up the gauge to use that scaling, see the images...
Regards
Paul

vizzy
March 1st, 2011, 09:51 PM
I set up the scaling as you said, works well. Many thanks
Is thera a list of the scailing required for all engine data?? I want to make sure that my timing data is correct

Vizzy

tunethis
October 20th, 2013, 03:29 PM
interesting. with the scaling applied, mine alternates between 1 most of the time and 10 the rest of the time. actually it also alternates when there is no electrical connection to the sensor, which does not seem possible to me.. ill have to verify that.... sounds like the sensor is bad maybe. For my engine it says in the dealers manual should be between 4-7. tried cleaning it already with maf cleaner.

also i set the scale to 15 not 120 as in the screen shot. makes things alot more visible.