PDA

View Full Version : 02 6.0 Vortec to LS1 harness questions

spoolinsteve
February 28th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Howdy all, I have a dropout from a 2002 Silverado 2500 w/ Lq4/4l80e I am wiring the harness to be standalone. I want to use the 2002 F-body operating system on my truck PCM. If I change all the pinouts to match that of the F-body harness... Can I just reflash the PCM with the Camaro operating system and go? Or do I need to keep the Vortec Pinout???

Thanks, Steve

Taz
February 28th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Hello Steve,

A little more information about your project may assist in providing you with options / choices / solutions / etc.

If you have an LQ4 / 4L80 combination - complete with wiring harness and PCM - that is a solid foundation for any swap. It’s a DBC application and generally very durable.

What is your motivation to use a Camaro tune instead of the truck tune ?

Regards,
Taz

spoolinsteve
February 28th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Taz thanks! I'll try to explain more. I have a complete 2002 lq4/4l80e including the harnesss and PCM. Everything is going into a Mustang so I am currently rewiring the whole harness already. I was hoping to use the camaro operating system because I have read it is the best system for the pcm. My current setup I will need to run speed density so I was hoping to use the COS for the camaros.

I do not know the ups and downs of the camaro operating system but I was hoping to use the low and high speed fan controls and some other features that the camaro has and the truck does not. I was going to keep the 4l80e wiring and swap drivetrain segments from a 2wd 2002 4l80e vehicle.

Any help will be appreiciated!!

Taz
February 28th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Both the 2002 Camaro and truck applications will use OS12212156 - which is highly supported by COS options. Most times the truck OS will run 2 fans, as long as you don’t also require PCM controlled A/C operation AND fan control - that’s often where the problem begins with a truck OS.

So, if you don’t require PCM controlled A/C - the truck OS should work just fine - and save you some time and effort.

Regards,
Taz

spoolinsteve
February 28th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Taz, thanks for all the help! So I am going to leave the pinouts per the original truck harness, just repin what I need to control the fans and whatnot. Flash the truck compatible COS and matching truck calibration and I am set.

Thanks! I'm glad I asked before i went ahead and repinned everything!

Taz
February 28th, 2011, 07:06 AM
I would recommend confirming the fan control(s) function appropriately (one fan, two fans - however you set it up) with the truck OS first, then move on to the COS following this test. Eliminating variables as you go is excellent headache prevention ......

Regards,
Taz