PDA

View Full Version : advice - 01 suburban 2500 6.0

turbo lcc
February 28th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Can anyone look over my tune, this is my first real attempt a tuning a gas car ( I normally only tune my dmax). Its a 2001 2500 suburban everything is stock 6.0/4L80E with about 200k miles

Gregs
February 28th, 2011, 06:19 PM
looks good for starters, i would max out b1901, raise the rev limiter tables,zero put b6603..some things might be redundant but i like to be through. do you have a wideband? your airflow and spark tables haven't been played with yet

turbo lcc
March 1st, 2011, 03:46 AM
I do have access to a wideband but haven't really used one much. I read on another forum that some just copy the LQ9 spark tables for a start is that an OK approach?

Taz
March 1st, 2011, 07:23 AM
If you are running a stock LQ4 / 4L80 combination - I would not recommend copying over LQ9 spark tables. The High Octace spark table will be similar between the LQ4 & LQ9. The difference is in the Low Octane spark table - the LQ9 uses a LESS aggressive spark advance, as it has a higher compression ratio than the LQ4. This would cause a reduction in torque and fuel economy for your LQ4.

With a stock engine, the greatest perceived change in the driving experience often comes from tuning efforts that focus on the Transmission portion of the PCM calibration. Altering shift speeds / shift times / shift pressures can make a real difference in how the vehicle "drives".

In my opinion, trying to tune the engine without a WBO, in many cases amounts to little more than guess work.

Regards,
Taz