PDA

View Full Version : DFCO B3320 Need Some Clarification

jamesbond2509
March 2nd, 2011, 03:23 PM
Ok need your help on this one. Im trying to program the B3320 settings and confused about this setting. what is the difference between enable and activate and disable and deactivate. Should they be the same and how is this programmed. Please advise.

Thanks

joecar
March 3rd, 2011, 05:17 AM
DFCO has multiple states:

Enabled = "armed/ready"
Activated = "triggered/running"
Deactivated = "untriggered/stopped (but still armed)"
Disabled = "disarmed"

Re-read the descriptions for all the DFCO tables with the above translations in mind.

jamesbond2509
March 3rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
Ok thanks, the next question is the MAP settings I have a 2 Bar sensor which seems 0 psi at the manifold as 14.7 on the scanner sof if I want to activate DFCO at say 6 psi that would be referenced to -8.7 psi at the manifold. Can you please explain if this is a correct assumption. Thanks Again

joecar
March 3rd, 2011, 02:33 PM
Which pids are you using...?

In Canada do you use Metric units...?

jamesbond2509
March 3rd, 2011, 06:15 PM
I use both MAP & MAPBOOST but both numbers are about the same. There is also MAN VAC. For a 2bar map sensor it looks like at 0 boost the MAP reads at 14.7 or 101 kpa. Any suggestions if I want DFCO to come on often. At idle Im at 6.5 psi MAP so I was going to set the enable at around 5.0 psi? What are your thoughts regarding this. metric units or imperial, I can work with both.

joecar
March 4th, 2011, 03:16 AM
MAP is easier to visualize in kPa.

Look at your logs, you will see how MAP ranges on decel compared to idle; try what you said.

jamesbond2509
March 4th, 2011, 03:15 PM
MAP is easier to visualize in kPa.

Look at your logs, you will see how MAP ranges on decel compared to idle; try what you said.
OK I had a look at the logs of MAP an it looks like on decel it drops to the 20-30 kpa range vs 35-40 at Idle so I think I can set it up now.

Next question is how is everyone setting up the delay. Is this the hysteresis. How do I minimize the delay. Thanks.