PDA

View Full Version : Controller not listed

frcfed347
March 3rd, 2011, 05:36 PM
Hey guys, I am trying to Read the PCM, and I don't see the E78 listed. Do I need some sort of upgrade? Thanks again for the help.

GMPX
March 3rd, 2011, 09:32 PM
A lot of the new controllers are not supported by V7.5 for reading or writing. You will need to use V8 for reading / writing, but still do the tuning/scanning using v7.5
I would recommend upgrading all the software / firmware to the versions posted in this thread:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15803-February-26th-2011-release-candidate-1

Cheers,
Ross

frcfed347
March 4th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Thanks Ross. I got it to work last after doing some more work with it. One more question on the tuning end. I don't see a cranking fuel table defined. Is this something efi live will be adding for the E78? Thanks again for the help.

GMPX
March 4th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I thought they were in there, but you are right, they aren't. I will make a note of that and add them for the next release.

Cheers,
Ross

frcfed347
March 7th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Hello Ross. Can I email you a few tables that you can possible add? I know it might be asking much, but it would be nice to have the same control as we do with the E38 ECM's. I see many spark and fuel related tables that can be added possibly. Thank you for the support.

GMPX
March 7th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Just post in here what you need, that is fine.
But remember, it's not an E38 with more memory, there was a lot of carry over tables, but a lot of things have changed too.

frcfed347
March 14th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Hello Ross,

Thank you for the explanation. I wasn't even expecting the tables that are available to be as similar as they are. I need an update on cranking fuel, open loop IVT gain, open loop injector temp gain, O2 rich/lean vs. airflow voltage tables, Individual cylinder knock multiplier, transient evap factor for gas and alcohol, transient fuel mass gain impact factor, warm up transient fuel tables, cranking spark, and a startup airflow table.

Sorry, I know its extremely ignorant of me to list off tables that are in a completely different ECM. I hope this isn't a big pain. Thanks again Ross.

GMPX
March 14th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I hope this isn't a big pain.
No, it's not a pain, but I can't make it a priority either, there's plenty I need to finish off on a number of controllers before I can get to these requests (there is a lot in there BTW), again, keep in mind some of what you want may not even exist in the form we are familiar with on the E78. Are you working on a Turbo Cruze or 2011 truck? Are these requests also out of curiosity or required for a non standard tuning project?

Cheers,
Ross

frcfed347
March 14th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Hello Ross,

This is a 2011 truck I am doing some work on. All these tables are for a non standard tuning project. The truck has trouble starting and has some surging issues because of the cranking fuel table. All the other tables such as transient and evap I need because a lot of those items are removed from the system. I understand this is probably behind on the priority list, but if you can add the cranking fuel table for now that would be awesome. The truck takes 10 minutes to start cold sometimes. Again, thanks for the help. I understand how meticulous this may look.

frcfed347
March 22nd, 2011, 06:38 AM
Hello Ross,

Any updates? Thank you.

GMPX
March 22nd, 2011, 05:21 PM
Sorry, I should have made myself a little clearer, there was no chance I would get to this for at least few weeks from your original post. We are just trying to clear the backlog of things to finish off.
I will add that we are currently working on an E39 / E78 software change that will be critical to further progress in the tuning of these ECM's, that should make it to the next release, so the E78 hasn't been totally forgotten.

frcfed347
April 6th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Hello Ross,

Is it to early to expect any updates? Thanks again.

GMPX
April 6th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Yes it is sorry, we are on the verge of releasing Cummins tuning so we need to get that out and stable before revisiting these two ECM's.