PDA

View Full Version : March 05, 2011 release candidate 2

Blacky
March 4th, 2011, 09:55 AM
The V7.5 release candidate 2 software is available here:
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.6.155_Setup.exe

The V8 release candidate 2 software is available here:
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.1.2.148_Setup.exe

IMPORTANT: The new FlashScan/AutoCal firmware V2.07.07 is included in the V8.1.2.148 installation. Please make sure you update all your FlashScan and your customers' AutoCal devices with the latest firmware.

This release candidate contains all updates contained in release candidate 1 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15803-February-26th-2011-release-candidate-1), plus the following:

Added V7.5 Scan Tool DMA PID support for E39

Fixed fault: In S&T Black Box Settings, when adding/deleting a pid, after clicking the [<<] or [>>] buttons, two pids get highlighted.

Fixed fault: In S&T F6: Devices, clicking the [Read] button twice asks to save the file, when clicking [Yes] it says "Cannot create file "". The system cannot find the path specified".

Added support for E39 OS 12646128

Corrected a Boost map issue for the Turbo Cruze E78 controller.

Fixed E39 turbo table calibrations.

Fixed *.ctd file meta data entries for "Software version" and "Firmware Version" not being populated correctly during pass-thru reading.

Prevented V8 pass-thru flashing from automatically allocating a VIN license (without asking the user) when programming an un-licensed controller. Now, the user must explicitly click on the [License] button to license the controller before the flash can proceed.

Chevy366
March 4th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Is this the final RC or can we expect some more ?

Blacky
March 4th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Right now we don't have any updates scheduled for this release before it goes live as our "current release".
If a serious software problem is reported prior to go-live, then an RC3 may be required.
Go-live will most likely be sometime toward the end of next week.

Regards
Paul

wilsonck
March 4th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Just a question. I downloaded and installed these 2 files. Then I went to "check for updates" for both 7.5 and 8 and they downloaded something. Did I download an old file (for an older version) or is this a legitimate update for these 2 new versions (7.5.155 and 8.0.148)?

I think I found that under the 8.0 directory, the setup.log says 8.1.2 version 127. so it must have installed the older version overtop of the version 148.

ScarabEpic22
March 4th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Just a question. I downloaded and installed these 2 files. Then I went to "check for updates" for both 7.5 and 8 and they downloaded something. Did I download an old file (for an older version) or is this a legitimate update for these 2 new versions (7.5.155 and 8.0.148)?

I think I found that under the 8.0 directory, the setup.log says 8.1.2 version 127. so it must have installed the older version overtop of the version 148.

That is because these files are still officially in beta and not publicly released. Think of it as EFILive doing on-the-fly bug fixes, feature additions, etc but they need to pick a date and make sure everything up to that point is stable enough to let everyone use it. Betas are good, but RC means its on the way to being publicly released.

Once these go publicly released, then you will be able to use the update function to download them. So until this happens, the last set of files to go through beta, then RC, then public release are the latest ones you can download off the EFILive website and with the update function. The absolute latest ones are in the forum.

Blacky
March 4th, 2011, 10:40 PM
The auto update option (or check for update option) should not download or install an older version. I don't know why that happened.
You should re-install the version from the files you downloaded from the release candidate 2 thread.

Regards
Paul

swingtan
March 4th, 2011, 11:00 PM
I think this happened to me a couple of updates ago as well, when I was looking at the "magic number" issue. I'm sure I was on one of the Beta versions and when I had the issue, I tried the auto update. It downloaded the then public version and overwrote the beta. Maybe the version numbering in the version file is not being changed with the beta?

Simon.

Duramax 6.6L
March 5th, 2011, 01:35 AM
I had a this happen, Make sure you uninstall the the stable version first, then install the beta or release candidate. This fixed it for me when it happened.

poolshark021
March 9th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Hey Paul I found a small bug. When in the Full-Flash menu of the V8 software the 'Options:' text says 'progress'.

gmperformancecentre
March 9th, 2011, 05:43 PM
one small thing a found today was when i read out the tune from a 2004 vy cx8 advantra today i got the abs fault on the digital dash.the same happened when i reflashed a new tune back.

GMPX
March 9th, 2011, 06:03 PM
The ABS is not even on the PCM's data bus in that model, weird.

gmperformancecentre
March 9th, 2011, 10:13 PM
The ABS is not even on the PCM's data bus in that model, weird.

that what i thinking too.
When i plug in the cable it does it (read and write to pcm)
I plug in the cable and open V7.5 then turn on the ignition it goes through the system check and then the ABS Fault comes up on the digital dash screen.
Try will the cable unplugged and turned on the ignition all good no ABS Fault
:confused::shock:

GMPX
March 10th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Ah, that won't be a software thing. I can't remember which pin it is, but the old ALDL data bus (which the ABS is on) is also shared with another bus V2 talks on. It does seem very odd this would all of a sudden start to happen. We'll have to get Paul to check this out, though none of us have LS1 based Holden's any more.

joecar
March 10th, 2011, 05:13 AM
I haven't looked at a schematic, but doesn't the ABS module talk with the PCM across the bridge...?

GMPX
March 10th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah, there is a PIM module that converts the PCM's VPW to ALDL. Actually it's pretty sad that Holden were still using the ALDL bus on a 2004 model car!
The ABS can actually cause a no start on the Commodore, they have a habit of going faulty and loading down the entire ALDL bus which means the BCM can't talk to the PIM for theft pass.

Cheers,
Ross

gmperformancecentre
March 10th, 2011, 03:30 PM
just went out and try it on my car (2004 VY SS Series 2 Commodore) and it did not do it.
maybe it's something different in the VY CX8 Advantra being all wheel drive

gmperformancecentre
March 10th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah, there is a PIM module that converts the PCM's VPW to ALDL. Actually it's pretty sad that Holden were still using the ALDL bus on a 2004 model car!
The ABS can actually cause a no start on the Commodore, they have a habit of going faulty and loading down the entire ALDL bus which means the BCM can't talk to the PIM for theft pass.

Cheers,
Ross

didn't have a problem with this.
i can start the car and it runs fine and the abs fault does not come up on the dash.
the only time it does show is when the ignition is in the on position and engine not running.
using the scan tool works and i can view live and record the log.

odd boy
March 11th, 2011, 04:27 AM
minor comment, in case I need to switch between Eng or tranny ECU, it is written there right click on the picture, while I need to do a lift click.

Tordne
March 11th, 2011, 10:12 AM
minor comment, in case I need to switch between Eng or tranny ECU, it is written there right click on the picture, while I need to do a lift click.

Right-click is the only mouse operation that brings up the list for me. You're not left handed and have the mouse buttons switched do you?

odd boy
March 13th, 2011, 08:12 PM
no, i am right handed and buttons r on default settings.

on the picture u wrote "right click" but it swaps when i click the lift button.

Tordne
March 13th, 2011, 08:18 PM
When I click the left mouse button it literally does nothing. Right clicking brings up the list of controllers to select from. That's the "normal" operation and why it is noted as such on the image placeholders. I've never heard of it being any different which is why I asked about the mouse buttons having been swapped (that gets me on some peoples machines ):)

Blacky
March 14th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Left clicking will select between engine and transmission, i.e. the green tick will follow the left click.
Right clicking will select what type of controller you want to use. If you re-select the already selected controller it will un-select it.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
March 16th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Found a minor spelling error, V8 S&T -> F5: BBX -> F4: Switch. The word "displayed" has the s and i switched around.

Blacky
March 16th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Found a minor spelling error, V8 S&T -> F5: BBX -> F4: Switch. The word "displayed" has the s and i switched around.
Thanks Erik - fixed in next update.
Paul

ScarabEpic22
March 16th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks Erik - fixed in next update.
Paul

Great, I thought it might be a little annoying if I made a whole support ticket for it ha.

Assume that this version is going to go full public release soon (with some minor tweaks)?

Blacky
March 17th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Great, I thought it might be a little annoying if I made a whole support ticket for it ha.

Assume that this version is going to go full public release soon (with some minor tweaks)?

Yes, very soon.
Paul

mr.prick
March 20th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I think there maybe a bug that causes the LC-1 to switch to custom AFR setting when using BBL.
I have noticed it twice after using BBL and w/passthru it would show proper AFR. :nixweiss:

joecar
March 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
I think there maybe a bug that causes the LC-1 to switch to custom AFR setting when using BBL.
I have noticed it twice after using BBL and w/passthru it would show proper AFR. :nixweiss:Mike, can you give more detail, do you have a log file...?

mr.prick
March 20th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I've had to reset the AFR value twice.
Each time it was set to custom. :nixweiss:

Here's a log with the "stock" serial AFR pid. 10155

Blacky
March 20th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Official public release is now available:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15958-Official-Public-Release-Mar-20-2011&p=140580#post140580

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 20th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I've had to reset the AFR value twice.
Each time it was set to custom. :nixweiss:

I presume you have the V2 configured for wide band and for Innovate? It is remotely possible that if at any stage the V2 attempts to communicate with a different manufacturer's WO2, it may end up sending a byte sequence that could be interpreted by the LC-1 as an "AFR reset" command. I don't know what that command would be so I can't say for sure if anything the V2 attempts to send (to any another WO2) could cause that.

Regardless, if you have the V2 set to "Innovate" prior to connecting to the LC-1 the V2 should never send anything except the "free air calibrate" command and then only when the user elects to do that.

Regards
Paul

nevinsb
March 20th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I updated from the efilive 7.5 updater, and ended up with the 155 build. Maybe I'm just too impatient.

Blacky
March 20th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I updated from the efilive 7.5 updater, and ended up with the 155 build. Maybe I'm just too impatient.

I have not activated the "auto update" yet, so you can't use the "Check for Updates" option yet.
To get the latest version you need to manually download the files and run the *.exe to install the new software.

Regards
Paul