PDA

View Full Version : new here want to learn more

duramaxwannabe20
March 7th, 2011, 01:00 PM
now I am looking at a 05 lly and its real nice all stock 175k on it. Now I seen where on youtube you can do a lope style sound to it at idle. But I just want it to warm up my truck and not completely everyday thing I mean can i just have it when it is sitting at a p-lot and in my driveway or how does that go?? And what tuner I guess its called whould be as basic for a beginning and cheap and what software would I have to install and can anything be made to shift on a fly type deal???

andrewjamesbond1
March 13th, 2011, 07:58 AM
If you want your truck to Lope, I would recommend getting a 5-way switch (DSP5). That way you can install your lope on one of the five positions so you arent running a lope all the time. I can also set it up to warm up faster using the vanes on the turbo. Can give you extra horse, better fuel economy, even a tow brake if you prefer, all with tuning :) Where are you located?

duramaxwannabe20
March 13th, 2011, 09:14 AM
ok so where could I get this dsps and how can you make the turbo do that and id love more fuel economy lol as would anyone circleville ohio but I dont have the truck yet. I just havnt been able to get the money together but still looking at a few cheaper ones what would you have to do to the truck itself??

andrewjamesbond1
March 13th, 2011, 09:22 AM
We can actually get you the switch, install it, and install the tunes. There are two kinds of switches, a DSP2 and DSP5. 2 means two possible tunes, 5 means 5 tunes. I can install tunes that do about anything. Smoke, lope, economy, high horse power (For pulling or drag racing), towing, valet, warm up, cool down, and others. I live near Wilmington, Oh, and I am at Columbus right now. Here is a quick link to one of our smoke tunes :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU7h2KFWHNc

duramaxwannabe20
March 13th, 2011, 09:26 AM
lol can it park it and talk to me and and tell me how much pedal pressure im using on the lil skinny pedal lol hahah but seriously that is so sickk so how much economy could you pull from the whole truck itself i mean maybe a 30% increase or way to much

duramaxwannabe20
March 13th, 2011, 09:29 AM
now also can u make the truck do like a 4 cylinder warm up since cummins has the 3 cylinder warm up it sounds horrible but i love warm trucks in winter lol

andrewjamesbond1
March 13th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Not exactly sure what you mean by the park it phrase... if you are saying can you park it and floor it it will smoke? yes but not as much....

I can log pedal position and let you know exactly where your foot is :) Economy I can probably pull about 10%. Some programmers say they can get 20-25% fuel gains. That is false advertising. 10% is max. The cool thing is, I can combine tunes, so if you want, i can make your high horse tune also your economy tune without sacrificing any horses :)

duramaxwannabe20
March 13th, 2011, 10:18 AM
no I meant since its so high tec can it park my truck in the tight spaces in town lol. But yeah I would like to know like pedal pressures just so I can understand how much throttle I have etc. and you can make it smoke plus give me 10% more economy. that is nice but could the lope be in with the economy or is it not possible

duramaxwannabe20
March 13th, 2011, 10:21 AM
and what horsepower just stock could you give me??

andrewjamesbond1
March 13th, 2011, 10:27 AM
First off, can you explain to me about this 3 cylinder warm up? I have never heard of such a feature and would be interested in how it works...
Doubtful I could anything similar to a 4 cylinder duramax. I warm them up a bit safer using the turbo :)

With the park question, I didn't see both posts. You are going to be quite pleased with tuning and its capabilities :) custom tuning, in short, is the best way to modify trucks. Basically, I can leave everything from 0-50% throttle stock, so you can park, pull over, nice and easy highway driving... do whatever you want. Then, when you need passing power, or just want to show your friends some awesome torque, floor it, and the truck will have the high horses kicking in. The best part of that is.... that can be done in 1 tune... I can also make a lope, that smokes when you floor it, and is an economy tune while on the high way...all in one. However, I would probably separate those if you had a DSP switch just to make it easy.... wouldnt be good coming off the exit ramp and then loping it without expecting it lol :)

Also, we can make tunes that allow the truck to sound more like an LB7 and have a rumble, instead of the jet sound that most diesels are exhibiting today :D

duramaxwannabe20
March 13th, 2011, 10:31 AM
yeah i love the older style diesel sounds like the detroits and the big cam cummins but here ill show you a youtube link I just saved http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgsuVTvN5as&feature=related I guess it is a smarty type programmer that makes the truck warm up downside it does cause more wear to a engine

duramaxwannabe20
March 13th, 2011, 10:33 AM
and I would love all that bundled up but loping it at idle is sweet and is there away I can jsut switch back and forth. or do I have to stop the truck shut it off etc. I mean I dont have a clue how the programmer your talkin about even works as far as placing the tune.

duramaxwannabe20
March 13th, 2011, 10:38 AM
now what type of performance items would be useful to just gain more power and would a electric fan be great to get more power?

andrewjamesbond1
March 13th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I didn't know there was such a feature. And you are correct on the downside. I imagine that it would be harmful to the engine, big time. Thankfully, I can warm it up without having such damage. Might not be as quick, but better, definitely.

I use EFI live to tune duramaxs. Basically, I would hook my laptop up to your truck and recalibrate the computer to suit your needs. this is not a programmer. It actually reads the stock file off the truck, I make changes (add horse :D ) and then put my modded file back on your truck. If you had a 5-way switch, 5 tunes could be installed, and changed on the fly, no need to turn off and reprogram because I program your computer to do what you want it to! And if you want your tunes changed, then we can meet up, I will bring my laptop, and we can reflash your computer and put on the different tunes. Most people have tunes installed like this:

position 1 - stock
position 2 - economy or tow
position 3 - economy or tow
position 4 - high horse
position 5 - smoke / lope / fun tune

BUT we can arrange it anyway you like. THerefore if you want a lope on one tune for fun, you just switch it to that position and it lopes, then switch it to another tune when you dont want it to lope.
For HP gains, 100 is good and then after that, you are looking to buy a new tranny. We can get you 100+HP without any modifications to the engine, just a tune :D
But if you want mods, exhaust, down-pipe, & Cold air intake are good places to start (probably all together will give about 15 HP). not sure if you can install electric fans on a duramax because of the amount of heat they produce, i dont think the E-fans could get rid of all the heat...

duramaxwannabe20
March 13th, 2011, 11:00 AM
that is sweet and why would I need a new tranny and I would just like 100 and no more and that would be for drag racing lol but yeah I will see in a few weeks about the truck but how can you make the truck sound more like a detrot and not a jet so to speak and would my shift points be stiffened up ?

andrewjamesbond1
March 13th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I can make it sound like a detroit :) well as much as I can. The allison can only hold up to 100HP and then after that, you are living on borrowed time.

duramaxwannabe20
March 13th, 2011, 11:09 AM
oh yeah now the allison 1000 can it hold up to anymore or no

duramaxwannabe20
March 13th, 2011, 11:17 AM
now how do you make it sound more like a detroit is it fuel or timing?

andrewjamesbond1
March 13th, 2011, 11:24 AM
it can hold more, but like I said, you will be running on borrowed time as the tranny was not designed for such high horse. And I use the turbo to make it sound more like a traditional diesel

duramaxwannabe20
March 13th, 2011, 11:25 AM
oh ok yea cuz all allisons have this weak link and it is a input shaft i believe

andrewjamesbond1
March 13th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Clutch plates :) we can make so much horsepower that the clutch plates cannot hold it all and begin to slip, ruining the tranny

duramaxwannabe20
March 13th, 2011, 11:28 AM
but ok then well atleast I know where you are in ohio and if i get the truck taht will be my first purchase for the truck

duramaxwannabe20
March 13th, 2011, 11:28 AM
aww ok then yeah that makes more sense to me so more clutch plates

andrewjamesbond1
March 13th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Sounds great :) let me know @ andrewjamesbond1@gmail.com