PDA

View Full Version : Black Box

TAQuickness
January 20th, 2005, 12:39 AM
No big deal, but I've had a couple of minor things with the black box.

1) From the tuning tool: If the black box is not hooked up via USB when I open the tuning tool, the tuning tool opens in demo mode. If I hook up the black box, close then reopen the tuning tool, everything is fine. At that point I can unplug the black box.

2) From the scan tool: I have 23 PID's selected and when I opt to download them to the Black Box, I get a message saying more than 24 PID's have been selected. I found if I select 22 or less PID's it will let me download with for high speed data logging.

Dirk Diggler
January 20th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Some pids will use up 2 spots probably putting you over the 24 byte requirement. Dynamic air and dynamic cyl air are two of them

87gmc
January 20th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Some pids will use up 2 spots probably putting you over the 24 byte requirement. Dynamic air and dynamic cyl air are two of them

Yea I was getting the same thing showed I only had 23 PID selected but showed I was using 28 channels. So I believe its not how many PIDS but how many channels you are using.

Drake
January 20th, 2005, 05:34 AM
For the record, I have the number one problem as well some of the time. Not a big deal, just a bit annoying sometimes to have to unplug the USB device, close the software, and restart the software.

SinisterSS
January 20th, 2005, 07:49 AM
For the record, I have the number one problem as well some of the time. Not a big deal, just a bit annoying sometimes to have to unplug the USB device, close the software, and restart the software.

If it kicks back to demo mode without the FlashScan box, there is something amiss with your registration details.

Not sure if this has changed or not but in beta, we had to leave our contact/name information out. In the scanner, go to the registration screen and if you have anything in the name and contact fields, delete it.

TAQuickness
January 21st, 2005, 03:23 PM
SinisterSS

I cleared my contact info and it didn't work. It's really not that big a deal. All I have to do is plug in the BB, start the program, then I can unplug the BB.

EFILive

I've got one for the wish list. Can the tuning tool be given some sort of automatic revision history? Every time I make a change to my tune, I first make a copy of the file, then go straight to the comments page and note what I'm changing. I was thinking something like this:

PCM CALIBRATIONS
.|_ OPERATING SYSTEM
.|+ ENGINE CALIBRATION
.|+ EGNINE DIAGNOSTICS
.|+ TRANSMISSION CALIBRATION
.|+ TRANSMISSION DIAGNOSTICS
.|+ FUEL SYSTEM
.|+ SYSTEM
.|+ SPEEDOMETER
.|_REVISION HISTORY
.....|_21JAN2005
.....|..|_LIST
.....|..|_OF
.....|..|_CHANGES
.....|_20JAN2005
........|_MORE
........|_CHANGES

Or some sort of log file associated with the tune that keeps a history of the changes made.

SinisterSS
January 21st, 2005, 05:10 PM
Are you using the issue date on the blue card?

John Skiba
January 21st, 2005, 05:25 PM
Are you using the personal version?

TAQuickness
January 22nd, 2005, 11:41 AM
Sinister - yes

John - yes

TAQuickness
January 22nd, 2005, 11:46 AM
John, I double checked one more time right after I posted just to be sure - and I had the day and month right, but the year was off by 1. Changed it and it works perfect now. :lol:

John Skiba
January 22nd, 2005, 11:49 AM
John, I double checked one more time right after I posted just to be sure - and I had the day and month right, but the year was off by 1. Changed it and it works perfect now. :lol:

:) I won't mention how many times I did that one. :oops:

TAQuickness
January 23rd, 2005, 05:42 AM
How bout making the BB log for more than 1 minute? I have selected the PID's I want, and have adjusted the max frames so my log will = 24 minutes. But when I try to actually log with the BB only, I get 1 minute of data and it shuts off.

Blacky
January 23rd, 2005, 09:50 AM
SinisterSS

I cleared my contact info and it didn't work. It's really not that big a deal. All I have to do is plug in the BB, start the program, then I can unplug the BB.

EFILive

I've got one for the wish list. Can the tuning tool be given some sort of automatic revision history? Every time I make a change to my tune, I first make a copy of the file, then go straight to the comments page and note what I'm changing. I was thinking something like this:

PCM CALIBRATIONS
.|_ OPERATING SYSTEM
.|+ ENGINE CALIBRATION
.|+ EGNINE DIAGNOSTICS
.|+ FUEL SYSTEM
.|+ SYSTEM
.|+ SPEEDOMETER
.|_REVISION HISTORY
.....|_21JAN2005
.....|..|_LIST
.....|..|_OF
.....|..|_CHANGES
.....|_20JAN2005
........|_MORE
........|_CHANGES

Or some sort of log file associated with the tune that keeps a history of the changes made.

The "calibration modification summary" toolbar-icon gives a list of modifications since the file was last saved. What if I added that information to the file each time the file was saved - based on the date/time when the file was saved? And allow a separate free text area for extra comments for each time the file was saved?

Would that work?

Regards
Paul

Blacky
January 23rd, 2005, 09:55 AM
How bout making the BB log for more than 1 minute? I have selected the PID's I want, and have adjusted the max frames so my log will = 24 minutes. But when I try to actually log with the BB only, I get 1 minute of data and it shuts off.

What happend inside FlashScan is that it counts frames (not time). So as soon as it has logged the required frames then it will stop.

Try setting the Max frames per log to a higher value (say double) and it should double your log time.

If you set the Max frames per log to 0 then it will log until you press the button to stop it logging or until it runs out of memory.

Regards
Paul

TAQuickness
January 23rd, 2005, 10:50 AM
SinisterSS

EFILive

PCM CALIBRATIONS
.|_ OPERATING SYSTEM
.|+ ENGINE CALIBRATION
.|+ EGNINE DIAGNOSTICS
.|+ FUEL SYSTEM
.|+ SYSTEM
.|+ SPEEDOMETER
.|_REVISION HISTORY
.....|_21JAN2005
.....|..|_LIST
.....|..|_OF
.....|..|_CHANGES
.....|_20JAN2005
........|_MORE
........|_CHANGES

The "calibration modification summary" toolbar-icon gives a list of modifications since the file was last saved. What if I added that information to the file each time the file was saved - based on the date/time when the file was saved? And allow a separate free text area for extra comments for each time the file was saved?

Would that work?

Regards
Paul

A running history of the calibration modification summary would be great. As far as the scratch pad, If the data typed would appear in both the CMS pad and the "Operating System" Comments" pad that would be Cadilac!

I do my best to make revision notes in the OS Comments pad everytime I update my tune, but sometimes I get a little tired, lazy, or drunk and forget to add something to my comments.

I'm very glad I waited for your product to come out. I can't even begin to explain how happy I am with how intuitive the software is. I realize you guys sacrificed a good portion of your lives to make this happen and I for one am glad you did. Keep up the great work!

TAQuickness
January 23rd, 2005, 10:59 AM

What happend inside FlashScan is that it counts frames (not time). So as soon as it has logged the required frames then it will stop.

Try setting the Max frames per log to a higher value (say double) and it should double your log time.

If you set the Max frames per log to 0 then it will log until you press the button to stop it logging or until it runs out of memory.

Regards
Paul

I currently have max frames set to 13,800. I'll try setting it to 0 and see how that works.

Blacky
January 23rd, 2005, 04:33 PM

Would that work?

Regards
Paul

What you could do for now, is to display the modification history, right click it and select all, right click it and select copy, then open the comments window and right click and select paste. That way your mods will be saved in the comments section of the file.
Then use the "save as" icon to save your file - that way EFILive will increment a 4 digit counter in the filename so you get a new file each time you save you mods.

Regards
Paul