PDA

View Full Version : Pto

Bearce Sr
March 12th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Is there away 2 do PTO on 07 LBZ? Like 2 b able 2 set idle at bout 900 rpm when i need it. TKS Ed

andrewjamesbond1
March 13th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Let me make sure I understand what you are saying. You want the truck while in park to idle at 900 rpms, nothing else correct? If so, yes you can. Do you have a DSP switch?

Bearce Sr
March 13th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Yep Ur right on what I'm tiring 2 do. No I don't have a DSP switch. Tks 4 the reply

andrewjamesbond1
March 13th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I might have spoken too soon... at least with tuning, I am unsure if you would be able to without DSP, and then it might even be hard. For now, you can flash on your truck the "PTO" mod and then reflash it back to stock when you are going to drive... be a pain, but I think unless you get a DSP, it might be impossible with tuning to switch back and forth

killerbee
March 14th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Is there away 2 do PTO on 07 LBZ? Like 2 b able 2 set idle at bout 900 rpm when i need it. TKS Ed

Yes. I have a kit with instructions that puts it on a switch. About a 1 hr install. When finished you have 2 rpm levels.

andrewjamesbond1
March 14th, 2011, 10:00 AM
^^^^
awesome!

bballer182
March 14th, 2011, 12:50 PM
This is cheaper

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298191

best part is it is a factory function built in already with no flashing needed. install the switch and control the rpm with your cruise control.

andrewjamesbond1
March 14th, 2011, 01:00 PM
So are you able to use cruise control also? As in, when in park, the cruise control functions are your high idle switch, and then in drive, it still functions like cruise control? or do you have to give up cruise control entirely for high idle?

ScarabEpic22
March 14th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Im 99% sure this ONLY affects the truck when you're in Park, so no cruise control works when you're driving around. If GM disabled cruise control on every truck with the PTO option enabled, people would be furious.

bballer182
March 16th, 2011, 05:39 AM
PTO only works in PARK and NEUTRAL with no foot brake. as soon as you touch the foot brake the PTO function de-activates. And yes the cruise control still functions as normal while driving. And just and FYI, not many people know this if any at all so i'll just tell you so you don't run into this problem later. There is a fuel limiting table somewhere in the ECM that we do not have access to, that limits fuel with PTO engaged while driving. I think if i remember correctly that it limits to 60 or 70 mm3, which, can reek havoc on your shifting and acceleration...

andrewjamesbond1
March 16th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Can you better explain to me the "FYI" of your post? I thought you said that the PTO function doesn't work while in drive, which is contradicting to your FYI? Confused :/

ScarabEpic22
March 16th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Im guessing that means either:
1) If you have the PTO switch engaged, but are in D and driving around, the ECM will limit the fuel to those limits OR
2) If the PTO switch is installed, the ECM limits fuel to those limits

I hope its the first, thats easy to fix just turn the switch off before you drive. If its the second, then uh oh.

bballer182
March 17th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Can you better explain to me the "FYI" of your post? I thought you said that the PTO function doesn't work while in drive, which is contradicting to your FYI? Confused :/

Im guessing that means either:
1) If you have the PTO switch engaged, but are in D and driving around, the ECM will limit the fuel to those limits OR
2) If the PTO switch is installed, the ECM limits fuel to those limits

I hope its the first, thats easy to fix just turn the switch off before you drive. If its the second, then uh oh.

Number 1 was correct.
You can leave the switch on and drive around with it, however, it limits fuel badly at speed.
FIX: turn the switch off before driving.

The PTO function (elevated idle) only works in Neutral and Park with the foot brake off. If one of those conditions is not met, base idle table is referenced.

andrewjamesbond1
March 17th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Pretty sweet :D Thanks!

ScarabEpic22
March 17th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Number 1 was correct.
You can leave the switch on and drive around with it, however, it limits fuel badly at speed.
FIX: turn the switch off before driving.

The PTO function (elevated idle) only works in Neutral and Park with the foot brake off. One one of those conditions is not met, base idle table is referenced.

Ok good to know! When I get a Dmax I will most definitely do this.