PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Turbo Cruze bans

GMPX
March 14th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Ha, silly government departments at work.
I only mention it because the Turbo Cruze uses an E78 ECM.
See HERE (http://enews.enewsltd.com.au/cts/click?q=2%3B8058%3BGufH71%2Ble1G5TBFuuWgcXrOxPJTqm rpi).

Cheers,
Ross

Tordne
March 14th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Would those restricted/learner drivers be allowed to drive the 3.6 liter SV6 (210kW)?

GMPX
March 14th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Of course they could drive an SV6. It all comes down to the word 'turbo', it scares them. Meanwhile I see plenty of 'P' platers in very fast WRX's, Skylines etc, so I don't know how it is they can get those cars, yet a factory car producing probably a third the horsepower a worked WRX would make is banned.
Along similar lines, I remember a guy I worked with years ago wanting to buy a Lincoln Continental Mark V (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Continental_Mark_V) , but he could not get insurance as a 19 year old driver because it was classed as a sports car!! On paper it reads like one, 2 door, RWD with a big V8, but a sports car it is not.

joecar
March 14th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Typical Government Efficiency :hihi:

ScarabEpic22
March 14th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Wow. Governments are so smart sometimes, I mean seriously? As much as I hate to say it, that article sounds more like the U.S. than down under...

GMPX
March 14th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I think it's a world wide problem of wanting to wrap everyone in cotton wool and take zero responsibility for your own actions.

Boost
April 12th, 2011, 02:57 AM
:) the usual wisdom from the "smart" people. all I can say is WOW. What is "p-platers" guys?

joecar
April 12th, 2011, 04:53 AM
P-plater = driver with Provisional license, typically after graduating from Learners permit (L-plater).

P-plater has to display a P-plate (red P on white background) as danger warning to other drivers.

Chevy366
April 13th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Hmm , would rather have the Diesel version anyways , more ponies (why can't we get something like that here ?) .
Here in America we need a large Red "D" for "Danger" , well my other thought was actually , someone not intelligent and the posterior region .