PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a 4L60E with a 3.42 rear 2002 Camaro??

1fastgto
March 17th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I have a stock converterwith a 383 stroker, baby cam. I am just looking for a great trans tune, tested, great shift points, no goofy in and out of lock short shifting.... all that stuff worked out! I am tired of messing with it and just want to drive it. Just when I think I get it right I mess something else up! Any help would be great! Im getting lazy in my old age!!:doh2:

DrkPhx
March 19th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Wow a stock converter with a 383? You should at least get a 3200 stall for that motor. It certainly would make it more enjoyable and still would be very streetable and not that loose.

Anyway, you need to post a copy of the tune to start with. You won't see too many copy and paste A4 tunes because of the countless combinations out there. However, in your case you can start with the factory settings and work from there.

- Did you adjust the speedometer using the speedo calculator because of the gear swap?
- Did you switch tire size? If so you also need to adjust this as well.

Both of these have a huge impact of the shift characteristics on an A4 car and will cause some of the problems you mention.

MECHAN12
March 19th, 2011, 08:05 AM
i have a stock tune with 3.42 gears out of my 5.3 colorado if you want it

1fastgto
March 22nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
The speedo is dead on, tire size is stock, the top speed in each gear is also correct, I just want it not to feel like a slug, I know I need a converter but I will be swapping to a 6 speed next month so I really just need to get by for a bit. Thanks for the help!

And if you have any suggestions on the rest of the tune please feel free!

ScarabEpic22
March 22nd, 2011, 01:31 PM
Remove 50% TM and go from there, also reduce shift times by 50% (or to 0.02s all over) and increase line pressure say 10% to start.

1fastgto
March 23rd, 2011, 01:10 AM
Remove 50% TM and go from there, also reduce shift times by 50% (or to 0.02s all over) and increase line pressure say 10% to start.

I have no TM, shift times are reduced and I dont need line presure I have a RPM level 5 it shifts hard enough! :hihi:

ScarabEpic22
March 23rd, 2011, 09:14 AM
Ah didnt look at your tune.

So you just want shift points then? Cant help there, it took me a month or two of playing with my 02 TrailBlazer to have the shift points how I wanted.