PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie AutoCal Question

CDN SS
March 17th, 2011, 02:06 PM
My tuner away for a couple of days maybe someone can help ........ Downloaded the software , installed .... Read 1 module is LS1B ..asume that correct for my 2004 GMC Read 2 has L31 in it however that not correct for my 2010 Silverado with 5.3 6spd auto ........assume need both T43 and E38 to log that truck is that correct ? If so how do I ge the L31 module out or do I just download the E38 / T43 and it will replace Read 2 ??

My firmware is 2.07.04 is that the latest version ?? I thought I read somewhere AC had 5 Read slots ?

Tordne
March 17th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Hi,

Support for AutoCal is provided directly by your tuner. The simple reason for this is that you have engaged the tuner to provide you with a tuning service, the AutoCal is simply the method for delivery of that service. As part of the service the AutoCal device will have been specifically configured by the tuner and if we (or another user here) gives you advise which changes that configuration in any way it may cause a subsequent issue for delivery of this service between the two parties.

2.07.04 is the latest "production" firmware for the AutoCal device. Again you should only update this in consultation with your tuner as there are changes required to support files if you update firmware. Your tuner can assist with the process for that if it is what they recommend for you.

Regards,

CDN SS
March 18th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Hi,

Support for AutoCal is provided directly by your tuner. The simple reason for this is that you have engaged the tuner to provide you with a tuning service, the AutoCal is simply the method for delivery of that service. As part of the service the AutoCal device will have been specifically configured by the tuner and if we (or another user here) gives you advise which changes that configuration in any way it may cause a subsequent issue for delivery of this service between the two parties.

2.07.04 is the latest "production" firmware for the AutoCal device. Again you should only update this in consultation with your tuner as there are changes required to support files if you update firmware. Your tuner can assist with the process for that if it is what they recommend for you.

Regards,

Thanks I understand re the Firmware and my tuner is my go to guy .......since he away was hoping someone could advise on how best to remove the module in Read 2 and replace witthe one I need

Tordne
March 18th, 2011, 08:09 AM
The only way for you to do what you're looking for is to either:
1. Change the configuration of the device so that one of the configured controllers is substituted with the L31.
2. Update the firmware to a pre-release version which implements the Read1-Read5 option that you've seen mentioned. This would also require your tuner to have actually configured the L31 controller on the device which is an assumption.

As you can see both of those options are not insignificant change to the device your Tuner has supplied to you. If someone was to give you advise which caused issues or additional cost to you would you be OK with that?

CDN SS
March 18th, 2011, 08:43 AM
OK i understand what your saying .not a simple process ......I will wait til my tuner back and discuss Thanks for the response