PDA

View Full Version : COS Newbee needs a little help

wkdivr
March 19th, 2011, 02:28 AM
Ok, I've had EFI Live for awhile, but haven't had to use it for a year, or two because of being out of the country working. I have V1 Commercial Scan, and Tune with one license spot open, and I want to upgrade to COS 3 for my application. I'm following the tutorial, copy my existing tune, then open up the appropriate OS file for my application (04073003). Next, it says do a full re-flash to the PCM. But, since the COS file doesn't have any calibrations yet, the icons for the "read cal"; "write cal"; and "write full calibration data" aren't "live", meaning they don't highlight, or work. This is all without being plugged in to my PCM. Will these icons become "live" when I plug in, and turn key on, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help.......................:help2:

joecar
March 19th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Those icons/buttons will become live when you plug into vehicle and turn key to on.

wkdivr
March 19th, 2011, 06:37 AM
That's what I thought!!! I didn't want to fool around with the OS, and mess something up, though! Thanks a TON!!!!!!

Just out of curiosity, How long does the full re-flash take?

joecar
March 19th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Full flash on 0411 PCM takes about 2 to 2.5 minutes.

joecar
March 19th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Also, do Help->Register EFILive and enter the details exactly from your blue card.

Also, update your V7 software from here: March-05-2011-release-candidate-2 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15845-March-05-2011-release-candidate-2)

wkdivr
March 19th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I did update to V7.5 Also, my serial#003523052397 when I plug in the cable, and look at "Flashscan VCM Licensing" reads "Commercial Scan and Tune", but when I look at "Register" (which I'm already registered"), it reads "Personal Scan and Tune"

joecar
March 19th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I pm'd Tech Support.

wkdivr
March 19th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Thanks. I haven't tried to do the full re-flash, yet. I have used the interface to make tune changes last time I used it, though. Thanks again.

Tordne
March 19th, 2011, 09:29 AM
When looking at the 'Help->About' menu option in the tune tool with the cable disconnected (or not connected at the time the application started) should show as a Commercial scan and Tune, but will have a restriction to Personal Scan and Tune shown. The get the full-flash option enabled you need to have your FlashScan device connected to you laptop before starting the Tune tool.

I have checked your serial number and it is known to our systems as a Commercial Scan and Tune licensed/enabled interface.

wkdivr
March 19th, 2011, 09:33 AM
So, I'm good to go for the full re-flash for the COS 3, then, right? Thanks a TON guys for your timely help!!!

Tordne
March 19th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Can't see why not...

wkdivr
March 19th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Got it!!! It's good, now!!! Thanks again!!!!!