PDA

View Full Version : pcm trashed please help.

akaponch
March 19th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Problem here. After all new updates with this v8 software. I was flashing the dsp5 to my 06 lbz when the 7.5 tune program froze during process. I waited about 20 min nothing happened I closed the program. I turned ignition off for the 15 sec. Tried to turn truck on nothing happened, no crank either. I was told the pcm is erased no OS. When I try to flash again efilive says error $0331.
I purchased another pcm from an 06 lbz connected and now cranks over but no start. My OS was 12606128 the new one is 12632483 I'm thinking this might be the problem.
I was trying to flash my OS to the new pcm. It won't let me it says incompAtible operating system.
Can someone please help.

andrewjamesbond1
March 19th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Have you done a VATS relearn? if not, do that first....

akaponch
March 19th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Do I have to buy another license for this new pcm. The only way I know how to disable care is to disable through the tune software then reflash. But won't let me till I buy license. Is there another way.

andrewjamesbond1
March 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Email Ross or Paul. They will give you another activation code if you buy another PCM. Sounds like a problem bigger than I can help with ...

GMPX
March 19th, 2011, 09:01 PM
akaponch, it is Sunday on this side of the world, so I've just seen this thread.
There was probably no need to buy another ECM, the Bosch ECM's recover well from a failed flash, what you probably should try is to put your original ECM back in and attempt to reflash (full) again now that it's been removed from power for a while.
We do replace licenses on dead ECM's, however you do have to provide a copy of the invoice showing you purchased another.
The OS's you have are fine, they are all interchangeable on the LBZ.

Cheers,
Ross

akaponch
March 20th, 2011, 03:09 AM
K. I just purchased a license last night. I didn't send the right auth code when doing that. I Really needed one to disable vats by re-flashing so i purchased again. i did get an e-mail to refund one license. i appreciate that.
I believe im having problems with drivers. Reason is, if i have the flashscan connected to pc and start the tune program it will freeze until flashscan is disconnected and reconnected. This is the same thing that happens when flashing. that is why my pcm is out this all started when i updated to the new software release. any ideas what is causing this problem. I dont want to go through another pcm and vin license. please help.

akaponch
March 20th, 2011, 03:16 AM
I tried using the SCAN AND TUNE to flash. I clicked on the license first and it successfully licensed the pcm. i then tried to flash and its telling me "Script exited with code $0001: USB device not connected" mm this thing is driving me nuts lol.

About the invoice for the replacement pcm who should i e-mail it to?

Tordne
March 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Check that all your software and firmware versions are up-to-date and consistant. It is essential that all are upgrade uniformly as they have a codependency on one another.

Download and install the software from this release-candidate thread (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15845-March-05-2011-release-candidate-2). Here are a couple of knowledgebase links that might help in future:
- Software
(http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=5404-IJZV-0820)- Firmware
(http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7243-SFGL-2949)- Drivers
(http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=9411-UHZV-3143)
Cheers,

Blacky
March 20th, 2011, 11:53 AM
About the invoice for the replacement pcm who should i e-mail it to?
Email a scanned copy to support@efilive.com and we'll sort out a replacement/refund for your VIN license.
Regards
Paul

akaponch
March 20th, 2011, 05:03 PM
got it, thanks again for the help. it was software issue i gues when i had updated the last time because it was working fine before.
i went ahead and uninstalled 7.5 and 8. i then started from scratch and it all worked well. i programmed the new pcm and the dmax started right up. to bad i had to go through this.

thank you

ill get the pcm invoice scanned as soon as i can get my hands on a scanner.