PDA

View Full Version : Allison 6 speed bad file format

dineauto
March 20th, 2011, 05:11 AM
When I tried to pull the cal from my tcm, EFI Live displayed: TCM not detected, Status unknown, Did not respond to seed request, TCM may not be secured. It went through the 10 min thing and then displayed and saved a "bad file format.tun" and told me to send it to EFI Live. My questions are; is it a problem with my TCM or the data cables, and also who do I send the file to? I pull the cal from the PCM and reflashed it disabling the VATS but no tuning. I have the updated software cause when I first got the tuner it was showing no licenses and I had to update the software and firmware and everything was ok. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Tordne
March 20th, 2011, 07:27 AM
It is most likely going to be that the Allison 6 Speed TCM is the A50 that we don't support presently. We're looking at add support for that TCM shortly after the Cummins release is completed.

GMPX
March 20th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Try read it as an A50 to see if the file reads ok then, that will confirm what type you have.

dineauto
March 20th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Oh, sorry about that, I guess it would have helped if I told you the year. It is a 2006 with an LBZ motor. I swapped the motor and trans and all electrical in a different truck but I have a very hard shift with the trans and it seems like it is stuck in a high gear and it won't go above 1200 rpm. That was originally why I tried pulling the cal.

ScarabEpic22
March 20th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Update to the latest public release: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

Then try it again with V7.5 and V8. V8 should read it a little faster than V7.5 too.

dineauto
March 21st, 2011, 03:01 AM
I already have the updates but I didn't try it with V8. I will try that.