PDA

View Full Version : 02 meter - can it work with V2?

68problemchild
March 20th, 2011, 09:31 AM
http://www.aemelectronics.com/wideband-air-fuel-systems-15/inline-wideband-uego-controller-36/

Looking at the above. Will this plug into V2 to give me useable data? Still fighting to find a useable 02 gauge.

nevinsb
March 20th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I have the AEM UEGO on mine that I use for the datalogging. The only grief I have with it is you can't do the open air calibration like the innovative. But yes, it will work in serial mode.

68problemchild
April 17th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Mind sharing how you wired this up?

Uego has

Red
Black
White
Brown
Grey wires

Just trying to hook this via an RJ14 into the top of V2.

THanks!!

joecar
April 17th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I'm curious too.

68problemchild
April 17th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Aem Uego does several flashes and gives me a "ready" signal.

One of the issues I was having was using the previous NB sensor green wire which looked ground but was really heater low control.

So Uego black to Neg on battery gave me heat to the unit.

Grey Uego to Red position Two on RJ14 gave me a flashing light on V2. Non of the other configurations gave me a flashing V2 yellow light.

V2 still says "NO WO2 found" though I now have a heated sensor that says its "ready".

I tried various set up configurations however, I know we had some recommended settings in V2 (which is set to AEM Uego.) Any one willing to post a WORKING set of commands would be great.

Thanks for any help here.

68problemchild
April 17th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Maybe white AEM to V2's A1 plug at bottom and AEM brown to A2? Would the V2 still need the grey AEM wire at the top? Eg something hooked up to the RJ14 connector position #2?

THanks again.

Sorry about the bother.

nevinsb
April 17th, 2011, 11:38 AM
http://www.taquickness.com/taqcables/TAQCables_sGEN.pdf

Sorry, I thought I posted this link.

68problemchild
April 17th, 2011, 11:55 AM
You did. This unit has different color wires.

Black
Red
White
Grey
Brown

No "com in" or "com out" in V2

V2 will flash serial light with
Black to ground
Red to switched power
Grey to Position two on RJ14 connector to top of V2.

Still says Wo2 not found.

Thanks everyone for the efforts. Feeling like this is pretty close here.

nevinsb
April 17th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Have you tried hooking the wideband up to a PC to make sure it has data output? With the one I have, it shows the AFR in hyperterminal.

joecar
April 18th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Have you tried hooking the wideband up to a PC to make sure it has data output? With the one I have, it shows the AFR in hyperterminal.Do you have to uncross Tx/Rx to do this...?