PDA

View Full Version : If I open an HP file from Horists site W/EFILIVE, can I load it right into my pcm??

nitrorocket
December 26th, 2005, 04:59 AM
I loaded a tune from the Horist tune site for a 5.3 truck for a buddy. Can I just load it right into his truck? It looks like complete valid tune files.

Basically, can I just load the new "Hptuner" file right into his truck with MY EFILIVE, OR, do I have to manually copy and paste certain maps onto his pcm?:help2:

Dirk Diggler
December 26th, 2005, 07:06 AM
as long as the extension is a bin then yes you can.

nitrorocket
December 26th, 2005, 07:23 AM
I guess what I am asking is.... If I go to Horists site, download a HPtuner tune, open it with my EFILIVE, Can I just download it into the pcm and go? Has anyone doen this, or looked at this?

Camaro SS
December 26th, 2005, 08:12 AM
as long as EFILive opens the file, then yes. Just like Dirk said as long as it is a .bin file yes. If it is an .hpt, then no because EFILive will not open it.

jfpilla
December 28th, 2005, 08:43 AM
I loaded a tune from the Horist tune site for a 5.3 truck for a buddy. Can I just load it right into his truck? It looks like complete valid tune files.

Basically, can I just load the new "Hptuner" file right into his truck with MY EFILIVE, OR, do I have to manually copy and paste certain maps onto his pcm?:help2:

Yes you can, as pointed out. Suggest you copy the tables you want changed to your EFI file. That way you will not be surprised by some change to the HPT file that you're not aware of.