PDA

View Full Version : File flagged as private-cant open to view

limited cv8r
March 27th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Trying to open a file to view, but get above message. V7 won't let me view it and V8 does not have edit enabled yet. Is there any way I can view this tune or do I need to get another read from the vehicle.
Couple of error screens attached.

L31Sleeper
March 27th, 2011, 05:35 AM
I think you will have to get a clean copy of the file.

This is what the V8 says :

Changes made to Content Management settings become permanent once the file is saved.
Additionally, the file will become incompatible with the EFILive V7.5 software.

We recommend using "Save As..." when saving files with Content Management options enabled.

Tordne
March 27th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Also check the 'Permissions' tab in the main calibration window in V7 to make sure you haven't inadvertently set a security flag.

limited cv8r
March 27th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Ok, checked the "permission" tab. The bottom option "When using the "save for remote flashing" option,always secure the file regardless of the setting above, check box was ticked. I have never used the permission settings before so I am assuming that this is a default setting. If I uncheck this box will it save the .ctd files normally and alow them to be viewed and edited.

Tordne
March 27th, 2011, 02:16 PM
As you'll see it only relates to using the 'Save for remote flashing' option, basically saving it to put on an AutoCal device. Had you saved the file you had issues with, or did it come from elsewhere?

limited cv8r
March 27th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I had saved the file myself, was having a play with Autocal.

Tordne
March 27th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Ha, that explains it then :)