PDA

View Full Version : 98 suppport? Need to know before price goes up!

Blackbird
January 20th, 2005, 04:38 AM
I would like to get in on the upgrade price but don't see a definitive answer my car is / will be supported.

Somebody let me know!

Thanks!

87gmc
January 22nd, 2005, 05:08 PM
any news on this?

Blacky
January 22nd, 2005, 06:11 PM
We realise it is difficult to place an order when we have not given a definite release date for 98 support, however....

The point of the first month discount is that customers buying in the first month are taking a risk on a product that has had little time to "prove" itself in the market. (Although, I might add it is doing far better than we had planned.)

Buying now in anticipation of EFILive supporting the 98's is a risk. That is why you get the first month "deal" - and you get 98 support free when it is available.

Remember EFILive will be offering the tools to the user community to create their own definition for the 98 PCMs. If the user community are not able to create a definition then the 98 support will not go ahead.

However, we firmly believe that the user community has the skills and data required to build the definitions. So it is not really a case of will it or won't it happen. It's more a case of when will it happen and how comprehensive will the calibration definition be. That's the only "risk" you really need to weigh up before deciding to buy before or after Feb 01.

Regards
Paul

JxxxOxxxE
January 22nd, 2005, 09:31 PM
What can the 98' people do to help the process along?

Blacky
January 22nd, 2005, 10:30 PM
What can the 98' people do to help the process along?

Currently the delay is our doing. We need to release a version of our software that can read a 98 calibration definition file. We also need to define a 98 calibration file format.
We are working on those two things, and as soon as it is done, a "98 forum" will be opened on our website to allow collaboration between 98 owners who want to help build the 98 definition.

Regards
Paul

Steve Bryant
January 23rd, 2005, 04:44 AM
For all of you folks who are sitting on the fence regarding the certainty of the development of the pre '99 tuning capability; I want to all my two cents into the mix and say it will happen! We have had several people involved in the Beta Test who are involved in software development as their day job. Several of these folks own '98 vehicles and they want to see to it that FlashScan can tune pre '99 vehicles, just like you do.

If you buy now, you will be saving some money and getting the ability to tune four '99 and after vehicles and any number of pre '99 vehicles. If you wait, you'll still be able to buy the FlashScan equipment but you will have to spend more and get two less '99 and after slots.

I can vouch for Paul and Ross and assure you that they will follow through on their part and do everything that needs to be done both in the immediate future and as time marches on to support these vehicles. It's just that they have their hands full right now. These guys are trustworthy and will see to it their end of the bargain is upheld.

Steve

John Skiba
January 23rd, 2005, 03:05 PM
As Steve said, with the excellent support and knowledge of the userbase here, I don't see pre 99 not happening. I can't speak for Paul or Ross but at the same time, I can't see Paul sleeping knowing that someone wasn't supported (not in his nature). Based on his excellent immediate product support, it's just not his style to not make this happen. (Are you feeling the pressure Paul? :wink: :P :) ) Ross on the other hand may take a quick nap, a whole 5 minutes worth... if that. :P :lol: slacker... :P :lol: :wink:

Guys, the developers are top notch, the beta community (as Steve stated is top notch) and all you guys, the userbase are top notch.

There is a LOT of knowledge among you guys that can help make this happen quicker. If you can help, now's the time to pitch in and help make an already outstanding product simply the (unquestioned) best LSx tuning tool for ALL LSx models!

support@efilive.com

John Skiba
January 23rd, 2005, 03:08 PM
Oh Heath, to answer your question...

...have you ever heard of EFILive letting anyone down? ;)

JxxxOxxxE
January 26th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Well, I have faith in the EFI Live team, and the 98' community, so as of right now, I plan on placing my order on Friday or monday.... :D

GMPX
January 26th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Well, I have faith in the EFI Live team, and the 98' community, so as of right now, I plan on placing my order on Friday or monday.... :D

Thanks JxxxOxxxE,

There is alot of smart guys involved in the 1998 public project, it will turn out very good I am sure of it.

Cheers,
Ross