PDA

View Full Version : Flashed RR and ECM won't boot

N0DIH
April 2nd, 2011, 06:30 AM
I am having fits with this, I am seeing on the non RR PCM's and RR PCM's.

But if I flash my RR with a cal, at first it worked fine, then I flashed to another, and now the PCM won't boot up.

I am having similar problems trying to fix someone's PCM using a bench flash programmer and soldering the part back on the board.

I have a couple PCM's now that won't boot, they were flashed with a corrupted .bin I think, so I pulled the flash and reflashed with what was given as good code (Ross sent to me), and still it won't boot.

So I pulled my 03 truck PCM off the shelf that is modded for my RR, and tried it with 03 LM7 code, and worked fine. Then I tried to change to 03 Av 2500 code, and now it won't boot the PCM, so I went back to the code that did work before, and it won't boot either.

I tried on my 0411 PCM, never got it work on that either.

I am quite confused why I have this much problem. I have used many different OS's on my RR in my 3800 L67 (varying years from 2000 to 2005).

Anyone have ideas? I saw a reference that Jesse said that the PCM can get in an infinite reset loop, but I can't find out what it is or how to interrupt it, and how to determine IF that is what is going on.

Thanks!

mr.prick
April 2nd, 2011, 11:37 AM
I had a somewhat similar experience with an RR that would not reboot and I could not perform a hard reset.
It did not have the battery soldered to the board so I was able to remove/reinstall it and after that it would boot/reset.

When it was in this "dead state" I could flash/read it but it would not run the engine or power up the fuel pump. (fbody)

I also had one that with a bad battery that was soldered in and I had to full flash it before it would work.
This was needed within 1-2 after turning off the engine or I had to full flash it again.
Moates had to fix that one for me. :)

N0DIH
April 4th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Any chance anyone with a RR has a .bin that they know beyond the shadow of a doubt works that I can flash in with EmUtility?

Is there anything you need to do when you change OS's? Some sort of reset? I read up on some resets on Moates, but no help with those.

2.92v on the battery

Thanks!

N0DIH
April 4th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Ok, found the problem. It isn't the RR, is is Tunercat, it has a bug that is inserting 1 byte of 00 in the .bin. So if I use EmUtility I am good to go....

NOW I am making progress!!!!