PDA

View Full Version : AutoVe Tuning

lowriders10
April 3rd, 2011, 03:02 AM
I have one question about the AutoVe tuning.

I've followed the "What to Tune First" section of the forum. I've modified my IFR (upgraded the Spider injector assembly) and I've done all the work in the AutoVE tutorial, and the engine is running WAY better now. Question is: the tutorial ends with me uploading the changes in the VE to the original tune, but it still disables the MAF and changes the Spark Tables. Does this mean I run the truck without the MAF from now on? What do I have to do to re-enable the MAF?

Thanks. I appreciate any help you can give.

Bill.
2000 Chevy S-10 L31 V8 with 0411 computer
Comp Cams Xtreme Energy Cam Kit
Hedman Headers

Taz
April 3rd, 2011, 03:50 AM
The AutovE tutorial ends with getting you ready for a sort of “rinse & repeat” process - where you update the VE table - then repeat the process as necessary until your BEN factor is as close to 1 as you are personally comfortable.

Once you have finished with VE tuning, simply update a copy of your original tune (maintain an original unmodified tune on file) with the new (and hopefully more accurate VE data).

The re-flash should reset your LTFT, but out of caution I always do this manually afterward just to be completely certain.

As long as your injector and MAF data are accurate, you should be “good to go”.

Regards,
Taz

Chevy366
April 3rd, 2011, 05:59 AM
What Taz is saying is once you finish you can copy the newly modified VE table to your original tune with MAF enabled or run SD (Speed Density , no MAF) , some of the tables in the AutoVE are just to set up for the BEN Factor calculations and once completed can be reset , easiest is "Copy VE with Lables" and "Paste with Lables" the new VE and MAF (if you did MAF , AutoMAF) onto your saved original tune , oh and disable CAT over Temp in your original after VE/MAF copy , helps keep PCM from making things richer after a few hard runs .

lowriders10
April 3rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks guys. I'll give it a try next weekend.

lowriders10
May 15th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Hi guys. I've been doing the "rinse and repeat" for several weeks now. Everything seemed good.

Then I copy in the VE table to the original tune, and suddenly, the engine is back where it was. Misfiring, stalling under load etc.

Am I correct in understanding that I now need to tune the MAF tables? If so, how? I can't really find a tutorial to help, but I do get the general concept that it has something to do with tuning the 5001 table when running the modified VE tune. I've searched the forum, but I'm not quite clear on what to do.

Thanks for any help.

What Taz is saying is once you finish you can copy the newly modified VE table to your original tune with MAF enabled or run SD (Speed Density , no MAF) , some of the tables in the AutoVE are just to set up for the BEN Factor calculations and once completed can be reset , easiest is "Copy VE with Lables" and "Paste with Lables" the new VE and MAF (if you did MAF , AutoMAF) onto your saved original tune , oh and disable CAT over Temp in your original after VE/MAF copy , helps keep PCM from making things richer after a few hard runs .

WeathermanShawn
May 15th, 2011, 03:17 AM
It all depends on what type of Tune you are ultimately wanting to run.

Are you going to run open-loop or closed-loop?

If you are retaining the MAF and staying closed-loop there is a method where you can Tune the MAF, Trims, and VE Table all in one log.

Not sure if it applies to your OS or your personal goals, but you might want to check it out:http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-A-New-Twist-on-CALC.-VE-Table..Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table.

lowriders10
May 15th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Thanks! That's what I was looking for. I'm really still new to this, so I was planning on getting it running well with MAF and closed loop. I'll read it all over and give it a try!