PDA

View Full Version : larger injector tuning

mrdarreng
April 3rd, 2011, 07:44 AM
What tables do I need to start changing to get rid of my hazing at idle and low throttle? I reduced the main injection pulse tables (both pilot and non-pilot) and it didn't do much for my low throttle smoke. So, I reduced my throttle base injection quantity and no avail. I think I need to just shorten the period of time my injectors are squirting fuel but I don't know if I'm doing it correctly. As you can see, I'm fairly new so any good write-ups you know of would be greatly appreciated.

I did some searching and didn't find any good definitions on what tables do what. Understanding the tables would be a huge help in figuring this stuff out.

dearthr
April 26th, 2011, 02:15 PM
What size are your injectors. I have been working on achieving the same thing. I am running 80 overs, and it will black out anyone behind me especially on an incline. I have noticed that reducing pulse width usually just means you have to push the throttle harder to see the same acceleration.

If you have a good running tune outside of the excessive smoke, I would highlight the entire throttle base injection quantity table and reduce it by as much as possible without effecting drivabilty. Then I would follow the Mcrat 20-20 tow tune section where it talks about the "Fake resistor mod".

This is how I did it. I am no expert with EFI, but I tried taking alot of peoples advice to no avail.

The other good advice that I saw mentioned reducing max fuel with regard to MAF. I tried this a couple times, but I wasn't satisfied with it.

Either way, you will spend some time data logging and reducing in small increments until it is where you want it to be. If you don't have the time to data log, analyze, and adjust your tune (depending on experience e.g. someone who does this everyday can probably do it in 30 minutes or less and someone with minimal experience can expect more hours than you can imagine) pay someone to do it right.

Without knowing what you are starting with, incredibly good advice could steer you in the wrong direction if the rest of your tune is jacked up...

Just my 2 cents, hopefully you find something useful in all this...

-Robb

rgullett83
July 4th, 2011, 02:17 AM
may want to bump up rail pressure as well