PDA

View Full Version : 2006 avalanche will not do burn out

robertsteele
April 4th, 2011, 10:21 AM
hello i am trying to get my budies 2006 avalanche to be able to perform a brake stand but am not able, i beleive it is because of stabilitrac i have tried to shut it off but still no luck any help would be appreciated

schwoch1
April 4th, 2011, 12:49 PM
hello i am trying to get my budies 2006 avalanche to be able to perform a brake stand but am not able, i beleive it is because of stabilitrac i have tried to shut it off but still no luck any help would be appreciated
Usually clamping off the rear brake hoses will make it do a wicked brake stand...... learned that in my teenage days!!! Is the vehicle in question all wheel drive, some Avalanche's were full time AWD, not part time? Does he have it in AUTO or 2wd if not full time? A lot of things could be a factor here, lack of info is kinda not helping here!!!
Give us more info, and we will see if we can help!!!
Mike

Gregs
April 4th, 2011, 03:35 PM
looking at the tune i don't see any reason you should be having trouble...must be something other than the tune thats causing your problems

Taz
April 4th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Hello Rob,

Only had time for a quick look at your tune this morning. Made some small changes - may not make any difference.

Regards,
Taz

robertsteele
April 5th, 2011, 08:45 AM
thanks for your help guys its is a 4x4 with auto but is in 2wd when he is trying it not auto the truck only revs up to about 2400-2800 rpm and nothing else no wheel spin nothing i wont let him hold it for more than about 5 seconds cause of possible trans damage ( builds heat fast you know)

rpmauto
April 6th, 2011, 03:58 AM
With my 09 silverado I had to turn off traction and stabilitrack, push botton once to turn off trac, then push and hold it to turn off stabilitrack. Worked for me, but costs me more in tires

Chevy366
April 6th, 2011, 06:13 AM
With my 09 silverado I had to turn off traction and stabilitrack, push botton once to turn off trac, then push and hold it to turn off stabilitrack. Worked for me, but costs me more in tires
Yep , that will do it , limits wheel spin .