PDA

View Full Version : dsp5 voltage issue..

Dmaxink
April 11th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Hey fellas, ive installed many many dsp5 switches.. well this one was late at night and long day ect ect, but anyways wired it up, full flashed as always, voltages in tune are correct, when i scan it the voltages go from tune#1 4.97v to 5.01 volates for 2-5... normally tune 1 would be .49,1.5 ect ect...i do understand this...so i figured maybe it was the switch, and the new switch did the same thing when i spliced it in... odd thing is normally when they dont work it will not switch voltages, but in this case it done from tune 1(4.97) to tune 2-5 (5.01)... this is on a lbz.. i have not tried to reset the pins back into the connector, but that will be my next thing to do, but it seems if they werent set right i wouldnt see any voltages change at all in the scan tool... If anyone has any input please let me know. Thanks

GMC-2002-Dmax
April 11th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Whose switch is it ??

I have a bunch of customers that go with a cheap priced switch they source themselves instead of spending $50 on a quality one and they don't work.

Dmaxink
April 11th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Man I actually got it working, the ECM was not grounding...yes it was in the right pin, but it was not grounding... I grounded it to the truck, and problem solved... Some type of flaw in the ECM I assume, never came across that one before!