PDA

View Full Version : Looking for input on shift pressures

whypave
April 12th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I've attached the tune for my 2009 6l80 from an Escalade. its now in my off road racing buggy running 39" tires that measure 38 (whats in the tune) and running 5.40 gears. Using the speedo calibration screen to set shift points as well as turn of Torque management I've got the transmission shifting pretty well when my transfer case is in high range. But I am interested in any input on what I should do with my shift pressures.

Also I have an Art Carr shifter matted to the 6l80 and it can hit all four of the shift detents from Drive down. I think the one after drive would typically be for manual mode but I don't have tap shifting yet. then the next two positions in my trans limit the gears to 1st and second. but I am wondering if I can reprogram one of those detents to a set of shift points that would work when I am in 3:1 low range (on top of the 5.40:1 diff gears) can that be accomplished using shift pattern B etc or how do I correlate the physical shifter detent to a shift pattern in the software?

Any other advice the experts have based on my .tun file is certainly welcome as well.

This transmission has a 2600rpm Circle D stage III converter as well as Alto red eagles in 2-6 and 3-5-R and raybesto's clutches for the rest as well as welded drum hubs for 1-2-3-4 and 3-5-R.

Thank You!

Meister
September 8th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Is this a tripple disc?

whypave
September 8th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Yes its a triple disc converter. I have since full flashed the transmission with a 2009 corvette tune so I can dow tap shifting without a BCM. I am in the process of switching over to a GM e38 ecm rather than the Mast ecm I was running so I am doing some further tuning at Jannetty Racing on the transmission as well.