PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Tutorial

Black02SS
December 27th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Here is a tutorial I have designed to try and help new users on learning the different functions of EFI Live. This one here will show you step by step (and you follow along) of how to make a MAP in the scanner. This will show the procedure step by step from opening the program to the final steps. I will do more in the future to compliment this one.

View Here (http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/Interactive/How%20to%20Copy%20and%20Paste%20with%20AutoVE.htm)

(http://www.patriot-performance.com)

Bruce Melton
December 28th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Wow, Nice!
Look forward to the "set"

Ninety8C5
December 28th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Works great !

Thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together !

:cheers:

Trippin
December 28th, 2005, 04:30 AM
Fantastic! I was just talking with a buddy of mine yesterday about making one of these.

Black LS1 T/A
December 28th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Here is a tutorial I have designed to try and help new users on learning the different functions of EFI Live. This one here will show you step by step (and you follow along) of how to make a MAP in the scanner. This will show the procedure step by step from opening the program to the final steps. I will do more in the future to compliment this one.

View Here (http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/Interactive/How%20to%20Copy%20and%20Paste%20with%20AutoVE.htm)

U R one cool-azz dude! :coool:

Black02SS
December 28th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks guys. It takes a little while to get it all together but I feel it is well worth it. Is there something special that you guys would like to see for new users?

joecar
December 29th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Chad, you are going to rule Planet Earth... Good work mate. :cheers:

Cheers
Joe

Black02SS
December 29th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMPX
December 29th, 2005, 12:45 PM
They are very impressive, now, if only Chad could tell us what the pic is in he's avatar?

Cheers,
Ross

Tordne
December 29th, 2005, 01:12 PM
They are very impressive, now, if only Chad could tell us what the pic is in he's avatar?

Cheers,
Ross

I believe it's an SS Camaro... Probably lost all the detail cause it got reduced so much.

Black02SS
December 29th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I believe it's an SS Camaro... Probably lost all the detail cause it got reduced so much.
You are correct. I have had the same avatar for over two years and just hate to give it up. I guess it is about time for a new one.

dlandsvZ28
December 30th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys. It takes a little while to get it all together but I feel it is well worth it. Is there something special that you guys would like to see for new users?

Yes...I am just starting out attempting to convert from LSEdit to Flashscan ( I have a 98 ) .

It would be nice to have a guideline of all things to check/double check before flashing the Edit file back as a flashscan file.

For example...I still can't figure out how to set the VSS. Everything goes back to blanks even though I have saved the setting several times. And the VSS is almost double in Flashscan as it is in LSEDIT.

Is it because I have 17 inch wheels and tires on a 98 that came stock with 16 inch wheels? I would still think you should be able to adjust the settings however and they would stay saved.

joecar
December 30th, 2005, 09:13 PM

Cheers,
Ross
Chad's avatar is clearer at LS1Tech.

Black02SS
December 30th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Its only 5x5px smaller on here then there..

joecar
January 1st, 2006, 07:32 AM
Suddenly today it's clearer... It was the egg nog... :banana::banana::banana::cucumber:

BowlingSS
January 3rd, 2006, 09:54 AM

If I had this a about a year ago I could of saved a bunch of time. Good work. :coool: Looks great.:thankyou2: What program did you use to create this?

Bill

Black02SS
January 3rd, 2006, 10:23 AM
If I had this a about a year ago I could of saved a bunch of time. Good work. :coool: Looks great.:thankyou2: What program did you use to create this?

Bill
Thanks Bill. As much as I would love to I can't tell you at this time what program I used as I feel someone else is trying to steal/copy what we are doing. Maybe in the future we can discuss it off the board.

BowlingSS
January 3rd, 2006, 10:37 AM
Thanks Bill. As much as I would love to I can't tell you at this time what program I used as I feel someone else is trying to steal/copy what we are doing. Maybe in the future we can discuss it off the board.

Those dirty no good for nothing :rippedhand: ....

Bill

Black02SS
January 3rd, 2006, 03:17 PM
Those dirty no good for nothing :rippedhand: ....

Bill

:exactly: Thats how I feel.

soundengineer
January 3rd, 2006, 03:36 PM
hate to tell you..you are not the first one to use that program...
many others have used it before you....
including myself...including SCT, including the university of wisconsin, including chef365.com ... including Electric Rain... including the US coast guard I could go on....

I made stuff with it when it was still in beta...and under a different company

a little birdie told me to look around cause you were upset.....

Its retail software that you can buy at most computer stores now for around $500...
I'll be nice and keep the name quiet...but if people just look really hard at your demo..they can see what its made with...

Black02SS
January 3rd, 2006, 04:03 PM
hate to tell you..you are not the first one to use that program...
many others have used it before you....
including myself...including SCT, including the university of wisconsin, including chef365.com ... including Electric Rain... including the US coast guard I could go on....

I made stuff with it when it was still in beta...and under a different company

a little birdie told me to look around cause you were upset.....

Its retail software that you can buy at most computer stores now for around $500...
I'll be nice and keep the name quiet...but if people just look really hard at your demo..they can see what its made with...
First of all I didn't say anything about you or the fact you like to steal other people's ideas. Strange how shortly after I released mine (which I have had for months now) you decide to do the same with HPT... Pretty creative I would say wouldn't you? Why don't you go back to your neighborhood and leave mine alone. I don't start trouble on your foum or in your thread, so don't start it in mine.

soundengineer
January 3rd, 2006, 04:15 PM
First of all I didn't say anything about you or the fact you like to steal other people's ideas. Strange how shortly after I released mine (which I have had for months now) you decide to do the same with HPT... Pretty creative I would say wouldn't you? Why don't you go back to your neighborhood and leave mine alone. I don't start trouble on your foum or in your thread, so don't start it in mine.
sorry..a buddy of mine said that you were claiming that I was stealing from you....

hell..I didnt even know you were making anything....

and I have made stuff with this software since it was a different company and a different name...
by the way..SCT has been doing this stuff for about a year now....
university of wisconsin has had their stuff since previous company owned it...
I built something for the army reserves local branch for their recruiting office so they could teach new officers how to use their new recruit computer entry stuff..almost a year and a half ago..again...under the previous company...

I'm glad you have found the same great software...hope you have one of the more recent updates so you dont have some of the horrible glitches that it used to have with doing them in 32bit screen colors...and it used to have really bad glitches if you had to cancel out and restart...it used to not let you restart record again unless you rebooted the computer...

I'll go back to my corner of the ring again....
I just needed to do a double check over here cause of some info that came to light...

Black02SS
January 3rd, 2006, 04:20 PM
sorry..a buddy of mine said that you were claiming that I was stealing from you....

hell..I didnt even know you were making anything....

and I have made stuff with this software since it was a different company and a different name...
by the way..SCT has been doing this stuff for about a year now....
university of wisconsin has had their stuff since previous company owned it...
I built something for the army reserves local branch for their recruiting office so they could teach new officers how to use their new recruit computer entry stuff..almost a year and a half ago..again...under the previous company...

I'm glad you have found the same great software...hope you have one of the more recent updates so you dont have some of the horrible glitches that it used to have with doing them in 32bit screen colors...and it used to have really bad glitches if you had to cancel out and restart...it used to not let you restart record again unless you rebooted the computer...

I just needed to do a double check over here cause of some info that came to light...

Maybe the next time you can use something called a PM. :wave:

Trippin
January 3rd, 2006, 04:30 PM
sorry..a buddy of mine said that you were claiming that I was stealing from you............................................... .................................................. ......................

Interesting that no names were mentioned and yet here you are. Guilty conscious? Just the sort of thing I've come to expect from HP Tuners and their associates.

Thanks for stopping by and confirming my observations.:wave:

ace68
January 4th, 2006, 04:18 AM
I like eggnog with kalua:coool:

johnsZ06
January 4th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Nice job on the tutorial Chad! Looks like it took some time to put together. Thanks for thinking of us computer challenged types! :cheers:

joecar
January 4th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I like eggnog with kalua:coool: That sounds good; eggnog seems to go good with just about anything.:cheers:

DaddySS
March 30th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Download not working?

Chalky
April 13th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Download not working?

See Above

DWS6
April 13th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Its broke........Fix it quick!

joecar
April 13th, 2006, 09:27 AM
PM Black02SS (http://forum.efilive.com/member.php?u=287) to let him know that it's broken.

Black02SS
April 13th, 2006, 11:24 AM
We are working on a fix for it guys. Please be patient with us.

Hyper99
April 22nd, 2006, 05:28 AM
Seems to work fine now :D

black z
May 14th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Page is down :(

Black02SS
May 14th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Fixed.

black z
May 14th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Hmm, I still cant get it to work..... :(

Black02SS
May 14th, 2006, 10:05 AM
I just clicked it and it worked.... :(

black z
May 14th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Hmm must be my computer, if I click it it says the page cannot be displayed, when I right click save as, it says a connection with the server can not be made.

BowlingSS
May 14th, 2006, 10:27 AM
I can not get to the page also...

Bill
:notacrook:

Black02SS
May 14th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Alright guys, give me a min. :sad:

Black02SS
May 14th, 2006, 10:38 AM
What about now.

Tydriver
May 14th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Werks 4 me !!

Thanks.. That rocks !!

Todd

black z
May 19th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Got it, thanks Chad.

NAH
December 7th, 2006, 09:59 PM
The link is not working, can it be fixed? Ta.

FreddyG
January 4th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Chad, have you had a chance to make any more of these tutes....us newbies REALLLLLLY Appreciate them!

Thanks for making this!:cheers:

myfast70
July 22nd, 2007, 08:18 AM
I just tried the link on the first page and lo luck? Is there another link somewhere else?

joecar
July 22nd, 2007, 11:35 AM
Try here: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=130&Itemid=134

bobscamaro
July 31st, 2007, 09:29 AM
hi im working on a 2001 ss its got a storked 427 in with many mods any way it has efilive on it an the trouble im having is this when the car is in park sitting ilde its fine except for throttle response is a lil slow but going down the road it will runn fine as long as your just driving but when you stomp it it just cuts out an the tach drops out till i get back down to ilde then the tack comes back in and it runs fine is there anything you can tell on how to fix this i would appreciate any help with this also the car has a z06 air meter on it an im thinking that maybe that may be part of it but if you are more familiar with this efilive i need the help really bad or if you know of some one that could help please contact me either here or at jjkisner@yahoo.com thanks for your time

SSpdDmon
July 31st, 2007, 09:34 AM
What, if anything, have you done to the throttle follower?

bobscamaro
August 1st, 2007, 02:15 AM
well i havnt done anything to it but just so you know im the ird man coming in on this job welll i should say im the one that it has ended up with to fix anyway what is the trottle follower ive been around cars an worked on more mustangs than ford ever biult but these chevys are driving me crazy i do want to thank you for taking the time here really im sure it can be fix im just not really pc literatebut i am learning so bare with me please

bobscamaro
August 1st, 2007, 02:17 AM
an on your numbers i would go with the mustang dyno numbers cause we have one here at our shop and it has the real world semulation an actual load on the tires its just a better set up all around

bobscamaro
August 1st, 2007, 03:34 AM
hey i found the throttle follower in there an yes tyhere are some changes that have been made i didnt do it but one of the guys that has had this car before me must have i would like to send you this to look over if you could get back with me on how to send it to you i would great appreciate it

SSpdDmon
August 1st, 2007, 04:26 AM
Well, you might need to increase the follower some via the multiplier if it's untouched. You'll have to bump up the decay rates too if you do that other wise the extra airflow will 'hang around' for a little longer than desired.

Another thing would be to make sure the MAF curve is appropriate for the MAF being used. Speaking of which, what kind of AFR's are you seeing (idle, cruise, WOT)??

bobscamaro
August 1st, 2007, 04:33 AM
hey i found the throttle follower in there an yes tyhere are some changes that have been made i didnt do it but one of the guys that has had this car before me must have i would like to send you this to look over if you could get back with me on how to send it to you i would great appreciate it

01Z
October 31st, 2009, 01:28 AM
As far as I'm concerned this thread should be deleted. All the links are dead except the one that takes you to the main EFILive entry point. Yes, I realize the last post was from 2007 but being hopeful of finding something to make sense of this intricate / excellent tuning package; I find these dead links and the confusing discussion / argument to be disappointing after taking the time to read through it all. :bad:

I will probably end up regretting my criticism but at my novice situation I'm struggling with patience to get to the point of grasping the basics. Threads like these are a waste of time.

mr.prick
October 31st, 2009, 02:33 AM
Look here
Documentation / Tutorials (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=130&Itemid=134)

01Z
October 31st, 2009, 05:25 AM
I figured it would be there and I have downloaded all that I think would apply but exactly which one is it???

BTW, thank you mr. prick! your name doesn't do you justice. ;)

joecar
October 31st, 2009, 05:47 AM
It's his real name.

joecar
October 31st, 2009, 05:47 AM
I'll read thru this thread and do some cleanup.

FreddyG
October 31st, 2009, 06:49 AM
As far as I'm concerned this thread should be deleted. All the links are dead except the one that takes you to the main EFILive entry point. Yes, I realize the last post was from 2007 but being hopeful of finding something to make sense of this intricate / excellent tuning package; I find these dead links and the confusing discussion / argument to be disappointing after taking the time to read through it all. :bad:

I will probably end up regretting my criticism but at my novice situation I'm struggling with patience to get to the point of grasping the basics. Threads like these are a waste of time.

I do understand your frustration, but most of the Guys on here are Great and VERY helpful and also willing to help, if you post up a question.

Also, if you want to learn about tuning basics, the search is your friend. LS1Tech has a good tuning section also, if you want to learn the basics and also some advanced stuff. That's how I picked up the basics (along with quite a bit of help of the Great peeps on this forum. :cheers:)

Good Luck!

joecar
October 31st, 2009, 10:30 AM
More info: http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

01Z
October 31st, 2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks Joe; I'm aware of that forum list but what I'm asking for is the specific tutorial name to which this thread is referring. As said before, all the links but the main entry point are now broken or they direct you to the EFILive entry point.

01Z
October 31st, 2009, 10:48 PM
I do understand your frustration, but most of the Guys on here are Great and VERY helpful and also willing to help, if you post up a question.

Also, if you want to learn about tuning basics, the search is your friend. LS1Tech has a good tuning section also, if you want to learn the basics and also some advanced stuff. That's how I picked up the basics (along with quite a bit of help of the Great peeps on this forum. :cheers:)

Good Luck!

You have missed my point and need to read through the entire thread and click upon the links to understand. I'm not complaining about the help or the people and I'm not asking for tuning help at the moment. My complaint is that the pertinent links are broken and that prohibits me and others from discovering the good information that at one time was available. Apparently the tutorial mentioned has been incorporated into the list of all the tutorials that are now available. I only want to know which one .... :angel_innocent:

Tordne
November 1st, 2009, 07:30 AM
Fixed the links in all posts (I think).

joecar
November 1st, 2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks Andrew...:cheers:

01Z
November 1st, 2009, 09:48 AM
How very excellent! Thanks to all of you!

http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=15301&postcount=16