PDA

View Full Version : turning signals are not working correctly after loading tune

bradmd
April 16th, 2011, 11:12 AM
truck is all stock but MBRP 5" downpipe back. Loaded tune without any errors, no dtcs are being thrown but my turning signals are not working correctly. They worked correctly with this ecm 10k miles ago, and yesterday with the other stock ecm. When lever is in mid position, turn signal to R is activated (all should be off). R signal is still activated when lever pushed up to turn on R turn signal. R signal goes off when I push the lever down, to turn on the L turn signal, but the L signal doesnt work at all.

I have two ecms, one that is orig and this one. I had to change it all back to stock due to a warranty issue, got that fixed, so now I've gone back to the straight pipe exhaust and EFI live. Anyone experience this before with the turning signals?

bballer182
April 20th, 2011, 09:57 AM
never even heard of that problem before.

JoshH
April 20th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I've never heard of it, and I don't see how an ECM could cause turn signal problems.

bradmd
April 30th, 2011, 07:59 AM
it was a bad switch. had nothing to do with the ECM. Just a coincidence that I'd loaded a new tune.