PDA

View Full Version : stupid question time again. operating systems?

m58mw
April 18th, 2011, 05:41 AM
can I use a camaro/commodore operating system on a corvette?
and if I do what would happen?.
Or to put it another way,
I have mentioned in other threads about my car being tuned by a company in england since it has been tuned, after driving for a while I will get "coolant overtemp" "reduced power" (the coolant temp is normal) after these things come up on the dash the car dies and will not restart. when I check the faults it says "ecm\pcm internal processor error"
My thoughts are it is going into a limp mode that either is faulty or isn't there? this is a guess and hopefully one of the tuning geniuses will share there thoughts.
this has now caused 5 ecms to become unresponsive . Help I really can't afford the efilive licences let alone the ecm's
anyway today I noticed its operating system is 1250003 which is a speed density version of a 2001 camaro/commodore? will this be a problem in my corvette with electronic throttle? could this be the cause of my problems and is there any way to recover the ecm's?

SSpdDmon
April 18th, 2011, 06:16 AM
I would guess there might be a problem with the pin inputs on the PCM if you don't have the right OS. I know the wires weren't the same for the '98 in comparrison to the '99+ Camaros.

m58mw
April 18th, 2011, 08:24 AM
I have checked the wiring a million times and I'm comfortable its correct for 99-04 corvette. I just wonder if its destroying ecus because the camaro doesn't have electronic throttle and the vette does?

ScarabEpic22
April 18th, 2011, 09:12 AM
You can flash a non-ETC OS/cal into a PCM that is already running ETC, usually it works in reverse as well but there are some 512kb PCMs that do not have the ETC provisions and will brick (or just be non-operable) with an ETC OS/cal.

I would flash a 2002 Vette OS into your car (its a Vette correct?), then upgrade to COS. The limp code might have something to do with the PCM seeing ETC inputs but not commanding them? I dont know, Im amazed a Camaro OS (non-ETC tune) runs an ETC Vette.

m58mw
April 18th, 2011, 04:44 PM
yes Its a vette and I plan to change to a vette OS today but I guess I'm looking for encouragement thatI might be on the right track with this problem as its horribly expensive to keep happening