PDA

View Full Version : lly tuning issues

saltflat
April 18th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Tunning a buddies truck. I tried reading the stock programming and it came up with a locked pcm error. Tried it again and it read just fine. Built the tune for it and when ahead and licensed his vin to my flashscan. When I go to load the modified tune to his truck it reads the normal attempting to unlock ecm 1 of 4 etc. Well it goes thru all for time and during some of the it pops up something to the effect that it failed the attempt and will try in 1 sec. It says this numerous times then throws and error that will say either something about the bootloader or cannot comunicate with ecm? Any ideas?

killerbee
April 24th, 2011, 12:18 AM
did you get it to work?

GMC-2002-Dmax
April 24th, 2011, 12:32 AM
LLY's are a PITA, try removing the radio and info fuse in the engine compartment electrical center, then when you try to read or flash leave the key on for 30 seconds prior to attempting to do anything, have all accessories off, heater if Auto-Climate, dome light over-ride, all doors shut, etc.

If there is any aftermarket radios, NAV units, I-Pod adapters, they could be causing troubles for you.

Ross and Paul went to great pain to get the data bus to be quiet but sometimes these LLY's need a little something.

Good Luck