PDA

View Full Version : Ve commodore powerglide conversion

dynomikestudebaker
April 19th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Hi guys, i hope you can help with this tricky one.
We have just had a ve commodore ute towed in to us that has had a powerglide fitted to it. The car was originally a 6 speed auto and the transmisssion fitter has just left the original plug hanging.
When i plug in our efi live it doesn't even recognise the car or ecu.
Is there anything we need to look for, or is there anything we can bridge?
Regards mike

doubledip
April 19th, 2011, 11:58 PM
need to bridge the can wires in the TCM harness together ... ie they will be TAN and TAN/BLACK.. so join the tan to tan and tan/black to tan/black

these are the canbus wires

g8lover
November 4th, 2011, 02:30 PM
need to bridge the can wires in the TCM harness together ... ie they will be TAN and TAN/BLACK.. so join the tan to tan and tan/black to tan/black

these are the canbus wires

would this work for a 6L80 to a 4L80?.

I replaced a 6L80 with a 4L80 and having issues... I have external Tran contoller and need ECM to think it is a manual... I have a 2008 pontiac G8 Gt... any thoughts or tricks... thanks much!!!

doubledip
November 4th, 2011, 02:45 PM
would this work for a 6L80 to a 4L80?.

I replaced a 6L80 with a 4L80 and having issues... I have external Tran contoller and need ECM to think it is a manual... I have a 2008 pontiac G8 Gt... any thoughts or tricks... thanks much!!!

Flash a manual calibration in.... ????

doubledip
November 4th, 2011, 02:48 PM
and yes just join the can wires together when yo remove the plug from auto as per above post

could even run a calibration that controls the 4L80 instead of running aftermarket TCM