PDA

View Full Version : Normal Vs Performance

bstuder11
April 20th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Can someone please confirm for me what the computer is seeing as performance? Is it WOT or what?

joecar
April 20th, 2011, 11:02 AM
In what context...?

No, it is not related to with WOT.

Some PCMs/calibrations have two sets of tables: one set for Normal, and another set for Performance/Tow/Haul.

Is this related to FlashScan V4 software...?

bstuder11
April 20th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Well depending on what tables I'm tuning sometimes I just have normal and performance, and some have normal,performance,and tow/haul. All on the same vehicle. Don't really matter that much cause I just make em all the same but I was just curious when the PCM sees "performance"

joecar
April 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
There would be a switch on the dash/console.

joecar
April 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Any particular reason for posting in the V4 aka OBD-I section of the forum...?

bstuder11
April 20th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Other than being new to these forums... No lol hummers have a t/c 2 button that allows for a little extra slippage but when I'm doing a burn out or spinning at the beginning of a race I def don't want any breaks being applied by ABS. I guess I'll just leave the ABS fuse out till Somone can tell me another way

ScarabEpic22
April 20th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Studer, if you have a T/H mode button then when that is on, the Performance shift tables are active. Otherwise the PCM uses the Normal pattern.

So if you want full out race shift points, set them up in the Performance tables. Drive around town normally, when you want to race hit T/H.

joecar
April 20th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I understand...

Posting in the right section will ensure that forum members with the same PCM see your questions... :secret:

[ for example, a V4 software user will not have answers for V7/V8 questions ]

:rockon:

joecar
April 20th, 2011, 11:52 AM
The T/C button is different than the T/H button.

Like Erik said, if you don't have a T/H button then the PCM uses the Normal tables.

bstuder11
April 20th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Yeah it seemed that simple at first to me at first too and then I started seeing tables where it had all three pentameters (normal,performance,tow/haul) so that threw me off. Even my friend Joe that's been tuning for years was confused when he saw that.

bstuder11
April 20th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Lol I know that and it does have a T/H button but why does it have normal,performance, and T/H if performance and tie haul are the same thing?

ScarabEpic22
April 20th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I dont see any T/H references in your tune...just Normal and Performance, Cruise and Hot too in a few tables.

bstuder11
April 20th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Yeah I can't remember off the top of my head where ibsaw that and I'm not around my computer. I thought it was in tourque management but maybe not. I'll try to remember to try to find it when I get time.