PDA

View Full Version : Tuning an LS2 for my 69 Camaro - Base Tune?

Taylor1969
April 21st, 2011, 02:45 AM
Hi All,

Never really tuned before and I am looking at buying EFI Live. I am putting an LS2 w/ T56 into my 69 camaro.

I'll have headers, intake, full catback (no Cats), and an otherwise stock engine. Should I don't really want to shell out $500 for a dyno tune as I am pretty handy, good with computers etc.

Can someone post a good tune file for an E67 LS2 with Headers and exhaust that I can use as a starting point? I'd really like to learn this myself and play around with the functions, valet mode, etc.

Thanks,
Chris

joecar
April 21st, 2011, 03:22 AM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Which year/model/vehicle is your donor (where the ECM comes from)...?

The tune in your donor ECM should be a good starting point, and since engine is stock, the tune should be close.

Taylor1969
April 21st, 2011, 03:42 AM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Which year/model/vehicle is your donor (where the ECM comes from)...?

The tune in your donor ECM should be a good starting point, and since engine is stock, the tune should be close.

:cucumber: The engine is from a 2008 TBSS - It has an E67 PCM. I suppose if someone had a tune from a 2008 TBSS with headers and intake that should be what I am after right? I wanted something that I can start with as I am sure there will be many bugs that I'll work out as part of the install. Wanted to use a tune that someone had already worked all the bugs out of.

Thanks! :)

Chris