PDA

View Full Version : Error $0311 on E67 that worked before latest update

scdyne
April 21st, 2011, 06:53 AM
I have an E67 OS 12610013 and since I did the latest update I get Error $0311 when I try to BBL.
I think it stems from not having a supported TCU, but having PID's for T42 in my list that worked as expected before.
Does the VIN qualification prevent incorrect modules from being selected now?
This sucks because I know the PIDs were correct addresses even though the trans controller was no the correct one.

It's like the first rule in software development .. Never remove a feature that has already been used .. even if it's actually a bug. Because someone will have been using it and complain when it's fixed.. lol

Taz
April 21st, 2011, 07:08 AM
Take a look at the thread linked below .... same $0311 error after update.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16038-problems-with-V2-after-doing-new-update

Regards,
Taz

scdyne
April 21st, 2011, 11:29 AM
Yes, I have read and made sure before hand that all of the modules I use are loaded on my FlashScan.
I only get this error with configurations that include both the E76 and T42 controller.
Like I said I have a E67, but not a T42 Controller. I think the 5L40-E is a T68. However this used to work just fine and give my my shaft speeds, GEAR and temps that are important.

Blacky
April 21st, 2011, 04:07 PM
I have an E67 OS 12610013 and since I did the latest update I get Error $0311 when I try to BBL.
I think it stems from not having a supported TCU, but having PID's for T42 in my list that worked as expected before.
Does the VIN qualification prevent incorrect modules from being selected now?
This sucks because I know the PIDs were correct addresses even though the trans controller was no the correct one.

It's like the first rule in software development .. Never remove a feature that has already been used .. even if it's actually a bug. Because someone will have been using it and complain when it's fixed.. lol

We didn't deliberately make it fail - sorry.
After you get the $0311 error, please save a trace file on FlashScan (F1->F3->F1), then copy the trace file from FlashScan using EFILive_Explorer and email it to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

scdyne
April 27th, 2011, 03:09 AM
Trace sent.. any answer?

Blacky
April 27th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Trace sent.. any answer?
Working on it now... Sorry for the delay.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 27th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Looks like this software change is the culprit:

V2.07.08 (Mar 20, 2011)

Unsupported PIDs no longer prevent BBL sessions from starting. If a BBL session contains unsupported PIDs, their values will be displayed as N/A in BBL mode and as a flat-line of zero (or the PID's equivalent of zero) in the V7 Scan Tool.
Incorrectly defined PIDs no longer cause data logs to produce garbage data. If a PID is not correctly defined for the target controller the PID will be identified and the log will not start.
Fixed empty transmission VIN licenses not being able to be used if all the engine VIN licenses were used.
Fixed cal and full flash counters not updating in V8 BBx and pass-thru.
AutoCal advanced menu was getting stuck in the "Select PIDs" menu.
AutoCal Advanced read menu repeated option 2 in positions 3, 4 and 5.
Added Clear DTCs to AutoCal simple menu.

In order to implement that particular change, each PID is now validated before the log starts. It is the validation of the PID that is not supported by your TCM. When FlashScan attempts to validate the PID your TCM returns "Unknown command" and FlashScan aborts the data log.

I will add an option to allow that validation to be bypassed. That should restore the functionality that you require.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 27th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Option added, it will be available in the next update (scheduled for May 09, 2011).
Regards
Paul

scdyne
May 4th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Thank you.. This helps a lot for unsupported hardware that has been 'unofficially' proven to support some of the more generic PIDs..