PDA

View Full Version : Turbo brake

jkf
April 21st, 2011, 11:04 AM
Ok, I suppose someone will tell me that this has been discussed before, but I don't want to spend a bunch of time looking at search results.
So, here's my question; I want to alter the tune I have now to have a turbo brake.
1. Is it possible to have it only engaged when the T/H button is active?
2. If not, why?
3. Can someone, in SIMPLE, EASY TO READ AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS, tell me what tables to adjust, how much, and what it does?
I'm very new to the EFI program, and tuning is completely new, at least from a PC controlled viewpoint. I used to have a '72 Chevy 383 stroker, and wrenched around on it, but that was a whole different world.
Thanks!:help2::confused:

bballer182
April 23rd, 2011, 04:48 AM
Where in Oregon are you? I'm in the Molalla area.

this is a pretty good read
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357444&highlight=turbo+brake

and this
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?12766-LBZ-Turbo-brake&highlight=turbo+brake

jkf
April 23rd, 2011, 05:02 AM
I'm in the sprawling metropolis of Scio haha! Maybe we'll have to meet up sometime!

bballer182
April 23rd, 2011, 05:50 AM
Haha. I grew up in Colton and Scio was in our league.

jkf
April 23rd, 2011, 05:01 PM
We moved here about four years ago from Kansas. Well, I lived there for ten years, but I was born in Portland, my dads in Hillsboro, grew up in the NW, and finally had enough of the heat & humidity. Wifes from Kansas, tho. She acts like she misses it once in awhile.
You ever here of a Justin Novak? Doing tuning at a Blue Demon Perfomance, somewhere in CO? he's going to do some tuning for me, and I'll be doing some data logging for him. Might be doing some tuning sales for him.
Is there a good shop in Salem for performance stuff? Like tranny and other fairly technical work?

bballer182
April 24th, 2011, 04:18 AM
We moved here about four years ago from Kansas. Well, I lived there for ten years, but I was born in Portland, my dads in Hillsboro, grew up in the NW, and finally had enough of the heat & humidity. Wifes from Kansas, tho. She acts like she misses it once in awhile.
You ever here of a Justin Novak? Doing tuning at a Blue Demon Perfomance, somewhere in CO? he's going to do some tuning for me, and I'll be doing some data logging for him. Might be doing some tuning sales for him.
Is there a good shop in Salem for performance stuff? Like tranny and other fairly technical work?

Good question. Never heard of him or his shop. And for shops in Salem? Dunno either. That's somewhere I never go. I never have business down there and steer clear as much as possible. Lol

Sent from my OC'd Samsung Captivate

jkf
April 29th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Could I send you a tune to look over? I am losing about 3mpg, and it's just a tow tune.

bballer182
May 3rd, 2011, 01:21 AM
is that mileage hand calculated or are you using the DIC?

jkf
May 3rd, 2011, 01:33 AM
I figured it by taking the miles driven on the tank divided by the gallons of fuel used per the DIC. I think the tire size was off at the time, not sure how much that would throw it off, the speedo was set for a 31.60 or something close to that, and actual was 30.25. But the tune was pretty rough all around, he has sent me a new one I'm testing right now that seems to be better.

Boost
May 3rd, 2011, 01:35 AM
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15830-Turbo-Brake-Function