PDA

View Full Version : graph very slow when im do pass through loging

restless@westnet.com.au
April 21st, 2011, 11:47 AM
when i have the laptop logging through the v2 the lines (graph) is very slow in going across the screen
it was OK for a while then just got slow it takes 5min to go across the lap top screen :confused:
BBL is fine so i just do that now but it means i have to go home to load the log on my big PC
cant look at it in the car

Tordne
April 21st, 2011, 11:54 AM
When you are logging press CTRL+Y to toggle on a display that will show the frame rate being logged. Also advise what "mode" (i.e. Dynamic, Fast-Stream etc) you're logging in. Also the controller type you're connected to and the number of channels of data being logged.

Also, what is the spec of your laptop? If it is a netbook I've seen (on mine) that they can struggle to eep up with the graph data (gauge data seems alright).

Basically there is more data needed before we could even begin to recommend an cause/action.

restless@westnet.com.au
April 21st, 2011, 12:21 PM
it is a very old laptop 5+ years and im about to up date it so will try the new one
and see how it goes if i still have trouble i will post all the asked for info
thanks bob

swingtan
April 21st, 2011, 05:44 PM
What PCM / ECM are you logging? If it's a CAN bus system, you may need to alter the logging options.

Sent from my HTC Desire

restless@westnet.com.au
April 21st, 2011, 06:43 PM
What PCM / ECM are you logging? If it's a CAN bus system, you may need to alter the logging options.

Sent from my HTC Desire

hi mate
it the E38 in the maloo it worked ok to start with then it just got slow
but i did ad a lot more pids with the blower probely dont need them but they are all handy to monator stuff bouth channels are nearly full from memory BBL is ok so i have been using that but as said no good if you want to look at it on the run
cheers bob

swingtan
April 21st, 2011, 09:01 PM
Under <edit>-<properties>-<logging>-<Scan Mode>

Make sure you have "Dynamic" checked.

restless@westnet.com.au
April 24th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Under <edit>-<properties>-<logging>-<Scan Mode>

Make sure you have "Dynamic" checked.

in witch part of efilive do i find this
thanks

Tordne
April 24th, 2011, 01:04 PM
In the Scan Tool. Go to the Edit menu and select the Properties menu item. Then go to the Logging tab and select the desired Scan Mode. Stream-Fast is actually the best mode (why do you recommend Dynamic Simon?).

restless@westnet.com.au
April 24th, 2011, 01:09 PM
In the Scan Tool. Go to the Edit menu and select the Properties menu item. Then go to the Logging tab and select the desired Scan Mode. Stream-Fast is actually the best mode (why do you recommend Dynamic Simon?).

thanks

stream fast was checked

Tordne
April 24th, 2011, 01:24 PM
By all means try dynamic mode as well.

restless@westnet.com.au
April 24th, 2011, 01:30 PM
By all means try dynamic mode as well.
i will give it a go
what is the best setting for play back mine was set at 3,000 and i all ways get the message 3,000 frames re plot ?
if i up it max will that do any thing detrimental to the play back

Tordne
April 24th, 2011, 01:39 PM
You can set that value to whatever you like really. I used to have mine at 30,000 but have dropped it back to 3,000 so I get prompted more. Sometimes I don't want to plot straight away and in V7 it does take a while. In the V8 Scan Tool those operations are going to be significantly faster :)

restless@westnet.com.au
April 24th, 2011, 01:42 PM
You can set that value to whatever you like really. I used to have mine at 30,000 but have dropped it back to 3,000 so I get prompted more. Sometimes I don't want to plot straight away and in V7 it does take a while. In the V8 Scan Tool those operations are going to be significantly faster :)

ok thanks for that ill leave it at 3,000

swingtan
April 24th, 2011, 11:11 PM

I've always found that with the E38 / CAN bus, that "stream-fast" caused problems with pass through logging. I did some testing very early on and found that "dynamic" give the best results. I know that in theory "stream-fast" should be the go, but I think it works better on the LS1 controller. Perhaps it's the 10 fps vs 40 fps (LS1 vs E38) that causes an issue. 10 fps on the LS1 is "fast" but is too slow for the E38 at 40 fps, I'm not sure, but I know that "dynamic" works much better than "stream-fast" for me

Simon.

restless@westnet.com.au
April 27th, 2011, 11:56 AM
i have tried both dynamic and stream fast no different
i noticed that on play back the big pc runs the charts about 2x as fast

now i have a problem when i tried to program some other pids in to the v2 (after upgrading the latest VER soft ware from the site) E38 list it says $0194 write failure whats happening ?
it say 85% 15% free on the little graph bars at the bottom of the pid list page i actually took some out
i had 28 now im trying to load 26

joecar
April 27th, 2011, 02:08 PM
How full is your SD card...?

Blacky
April 27th, 2011, 02:14 PM
it says $0194 write failure whats happening ?
it say 85% 15% free on the little graph bars at the bottom of the pid list page i actually took some out
i had 28 now im trying to load 26

The chart at the bottom of the BBX setup screen only shows how much space (of the entire config file system) that the selected options will use.
It does not know anything about what files are already in the config file system.
If you have files on the config file system that are not being utilized by BBL, they are still taking up space but not being "counted" in that diagram.

The best thing to do if/when you get a $0194 error (which usually means file system full) is to format the Config file system using the drop down option on the [Program] button and then [Program] the files.

Regards
Paul

joecar
April 27th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Ah, I just remembered that the [Config] space in on the internal flash... :doh2:

restless@westnet.com.au
April 27th, 2011, 05:15 PM
How full is your SD card...?

its a 2 G card and has 1.87 FREE space
i all ways delete the logs after i have up loaded them to the pc
even though it said $0194 error it sill loded the pids and works ok ??

restless@westnet.com.au
April 27th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Ah, I just remembered that the [Config] space in on the internal flash... :doh2:

so will reformateing the card help ??

restless@westnet.com.au
April 27th, 2011, 08:24 PM
tried a new card still the same mesg ?
it does load the pids and logs fine
the only time you dont get the mesg is if i use the FAST OPT on the drop down box on the program button

joecar
April 28th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Blacky said to format the Config space (which resides on V2's internal flash).

restless@westnet.com.au
April 28th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Blacky said to format the Config space (which resides on V2's internal flash).

i dont know how to RE cofiger it after i for mat it ?

Tordne
April 28th, 2011, 03:34 PM
You just load in your options file with the BBX settings and controller selection and then click the 'Program' button.

restless@westnet.com.au
April 28th, 2011, 06:11 PM
You just load in your options file with the BBX settings and controller selection and then click the 'Program' button.were is the opts file bbx and controller selection ?
oz track set it up originally 2 years ago
i just do the logging
thanks

joecar
April 29th, 2011, 03:51 AM
restless,

look at the pictorials in the following threads:

showthread.php?14351-BBL-PIDs-V2 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14351-BBL-PIDs-V2&p=128785#post128785)
showthread.php?13841-What-is-BBL (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13841-What-is-BBL)
showthread.php?13836-New-V2-help-find-exlporer (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13836-New-V2-help-find-exlporer&p=123595&viewfull=1#post123595)
showthread.php?15492-V2-BBL-saving-log-data (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15492-V2-BBL-saving-log-data&p=136965#post136965)

joecar
April 29th, 2011, 03:53 AM
restless,

also be sure to update V7 and V8 software from here (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=124)...

V8 includes V2 firmware that you flash into V2 using EFILive Explorer (installed with V8).

restless@westnet.com.au
April 29th, 2011, 12:30 PM
thanks for the help
i reformat ed the card in the v2 (instead of the PC) and it now works OK
i have up dated both V7 and V8 to the latest version and up graded the boot block and firm ware to 2.07.01 and 2.07.09

ONE question
WAY doese the v2 display WO2.AFR1 and lambarda and EQ dater wo2 afr2 ect
when i have AFR only in the setings selected and (PID wo2af1#1)

theres lots of read outs reagarding afr eq lambarda ect at the bottom of the list on the v2 screen
afr comanded and wo2afr1 is at the top of the list as per pid list just woundering way im geting all the other stuff is it inter conected
i have all ways had it since i put the tech2 wide band sensor in
thanks for help

joecar
April 29th, 2011, 12:57 PM
With the serial wideband, the V2 reads all the WO2 pids in one go.

Blacky
April 29th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Connect FlashScan, run the V8 EFILive Scan and Tune software, select F6: Devices and then F6: Logging.
Click on the [Read] button to read the config settings from FlashScan, then check the value of the setting shown in the attached screen shot.

If necessary, change the setting and click [Program] to program the new settings back into FlashScan.
You don't need to "save" the settings unless you want to keep a backup copy of the changes on your PC.

Regards
Paul

restless@westnet.com.au
April 29th, 2011, 02:01 PM
cheers
thanks for that