PDA

View Full Version : DSP 5 switch wire ends???

Dmaxxer
April 23rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
Can someone tell me what kind of connectors are at the ends of the wires for the DSP 5 switch??? or where to get them??? Also is there an easy way to remove them from the ECM plug?? I didn't get it in right the first time and the wire came out when trying to remove it. Now the end is stuck in the plug.

Thanks...

killerbee
April 24th, 2011, 01:57 AM
The terminals are ECM specific, so depends on your year.

If it is an 06-later, then you should be able to remove it with a small gauge paperclip, or tiny screw driver, but it helps to see one of the terminals and how it is held in place.

If it is an earlier ECM, 04-05, then removing the pink clip, sliding it out, will allow the terminal to be easily pushed out.

Also, I have these all in stock, crimped to leads, or bare. Crimpers also.

Dmaxxer
April 24th, 2011, 02:16 AM
I have a 08 LMM. I inserted the clip the wrong way which I realized after it was in. I tried to get it out with a very small screwdriver with no luck. I will get it out sometime later after I get the connectors. I was reading the threads on here and Duramax Forum and did find that you had the clips. My wife works for a manufacturer that makes wiring harnesses for ships and large equipment so she is going to see if they have them or not. If not I will definately order them from you. Really appreciate the info!! The problem I had with the clip was that I could get it in to the area where the pink clip slides through but not any further into the other section of the harness plug. Then I realized I had it in backwards. Stupid mistake.