PDA

View Full Version : New file version 7.11 available soon

wait4me
April 26th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Just sent the update to Paul so you guys should have more tables soon. Misfire, throttle, egr, ect...

Chevy366
April 26th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Thanks Jesse .
What about the P12 ? No love for the P12 PCMs .

wait4me
April 26th, 2011, 06:28 AM
On p12 im still working on them. It should be within the week.

GAMEOVER
April 26th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Any chance on the P11's.....:D

ScarabEpic22
April 26th, 2011, 09:05 AM
YESS!!!!

Hoping for throttle opening rate tables and a load % vs TPS %?!

Also Jesse, I think you mentioned years ago that if you do something to the LOADPCT PID it can actually read correctly for the I6. Do you remember what it was, Im having a heck of a time tuning the VE tables by guesstimating in the load % area.

Any idea when its going to be available, probably the next beta release?

Blacky
April 26th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks Jesse, I'm planning to make an update available on Friday. in this forum:
http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Software-Updates-and-Installation-Help

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
April 26th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Ah just gonna make me wait some more ha, well it will help get me through this week which is insane (dead week, 2nd semester senior, ugh).

slows10
April 26th, 2011, 11:09 AM
10501 Jesse maybe you have some time now to look at this file? please lol. Its already a supported pcm.

goldbergv95
April 26th, 2011, 11:35 AM
This is what I like about Efilive, they have great customer service (Joe & Paul), they respond on time, and make the addition when recommended (Paul). Thanks guys!

wait4me
April 26th, 2011, 11:56 AM
That file is nasty slow10, It is not normal at all, and would take me 10 days non stop to go thru it and dissasemble it just for that one single file. As it is nothing like the others at all.. I just dont have 10 days non stop to work on it for one single os... Maybe in the future but now right now. Im sorry!

ScarabEpic22
April 26th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Jesse I think that is the Cavalier LD9 supercharged file, it is a one off but 4 cyl guys love it because it has a true Map vs RPM VE table vs the Load % in stock OSs.

Just curious, did you see the post I made in the LL8 requested features thread about the one 02 OS that has an error with the acceleration tables?

slows10
April 26th, 2011, 12:09 PM
I think some kind of a tutorial needs to be made up for the P10 and P11. My P11 has Loadpct pid as well as tps%.pid. The way I have tried to tune the ve table was thinking the pcm does this, Tps% X RPM equals a load value. On the P10 and P11 in the ve tables on the top line are 15.6% 18.7% 25% 43% etc etc. These are load percents and not TPS percents correct? I thought the pcm calculates rpm X tps and comes up with a load value and that is whats on the top row? I wasnt sure if this was Tps values or load value. Then on my scanner I would log loadpct and whatever the wideband read in that load area, I would add or subtract in the ve table. Does anyone know what a good map to make for these pcm's. I also have commanded afr pid in the pid list as well. But it comes up as for the LS2 engine and I dont think its correct for my P11. So I dont think using ben factor would work. I also have airflow in lb/min I think its dynairLs2. This one seems to work correct. Scarabepic, do you have these pid's in your P10 as well?

ScarabEpic22
April 26th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Id have to check, unfortunately as stoked as I am about this new params I can just look unless I can play with my buddy's 04 I6. Im "stuck" with the TBSS haha! The 02 is back in Seattle, wont be back for another few weeks.

I dont think thats how load is calculated, HPT has 2 TPS % vs Load tables that assign a value for a given TPS to a corresponding load value. But Im scratching my head looking at the Load % values, it jumps from 50% to 100% in 1 table but takes 9 to get to 50...the scaling seems weird, but the actual data values correspond to the available data in EFILive...so someone has the table scaling messed up but I dont know who.

slows10
April 26th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Any chance on the P11's.....:D +1 We need some fueling X ECT tables bad.

slows10
April 26th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Ok gotcha I think. So the top row on the airflow table is tps% and not load? Your probably correct. Efilive doesnt specify what it is in the description but it makes sense. Oh well Ill try it again.

ScarabEpic22
April 26th, 2011, 12:44 PM
No, Im saying there are a few tables missing from the current calibrations that let you know what the actual load vs tps relationship is. I assume the VE tables are indeed load, but without knowing what tps value corresponds to that particular load tuning the VE is tricky and time consuming.

slows10
April 26th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Ok I got it eric. Thanks for the explanation.

wait4me
April 26th, 2011, 03:10 PM
The load of an ecm is usually a function of applied spark vs mbt. Ill have to dig deeper into the low level code to see what it is. I had no idea people where even wanting more things for this controller, i could have probably added more. After i finish the other p12, cobolt, and e67/e38 updates, ill jump back over to adding in more tables for this controller.

wait4me
April 26th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Email me the supercharged bin file again, maybe ill look at it more sooner than later. jessebubb at yahoo

slows10
April 26th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Ok jesse ill send it now thanks alot

ScarabEpic22
April 26th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Jesse I want SO MANY MORE TABLES!!! Ha but I understand its only reasonable to add so many before it becomes a huge time investment for little things.

Cat Over Temp disable would be great, dont need to adjust it just turn it off. Any other camshaft tables would be nice, but I dont think there are any/many more.

I see the P0068 is already in the DTC section, I guess I hadnt checked in 3+ years since the last update. Wish there was some way to have these things be more boost friendly, but alas I think thats purely because its a weird SD/alpha-n hybrid.

Some people have reported trouble turning off the DTC codes, Im not sure if that is because the wrong options were selected or the code is just a little different between different year/OSs.

goldbergv95
April 28th, 2011, 10:08 AM
On p12 im still working on them. It should be within the week.

Hey jessie, since your not done with 2006 P12, can you add 3 additional things that are similar to P12 2008 I6 TB such as:

1) Fuel Tank Parameters
2) Misfire Tables (Cylinder and Revolution Levels)
3) Electric Throttle Limits

ScarabEpic22
April 29th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Its friday, any chance we'll get that beta update today with these files? :D

goldbergv95
April 29th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Its friday, any chance we'll get that beta update today with these files? :D

Patient Erik. I want beta as much as you do. :rockon:

Blacky
April 29th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I had everything ready to upload on Thursday night, but the regression testing failed on Friday morning. Pass-thru reading and flashing is failing on at least E39 and T43 (maybe others) for an as yet unknown reason.
I'm working on finding/fixing it today. Once I get it fixed I'll post the new version. Unfortunately its just a waiting game for you guys right now...

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
April 29th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Ok, I dont want you guys to release it if some controllers arent working! Im just a little over-enthusiastic as its been 3+ years since the P10s have got an update.

Im sure you'll let us know Paul, good luck tracking down the issue(s)!

goldbergv95
May 2nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
I had everything ready to upload on Thursday night, but the regression testing failed on Friday morning. Pass-thru reading and flashing is failing on at least E39 and T43 (maybe others) for an as yet unknown reason.
I'm working on finding/fixing it today. Once I get it fixed I'll post the new version. Unfortunately its just a waiting game for you guys right now...

Regards
Paul

If the program is failing for E39 and T43, what about us P10s and P12s?? Does it work for us???

GAMEOVER
May 2nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
if the program is failing for e39 and t43, what about us p10s and p12s?? Does it work for us???

p10, p11, p12...:D

Jedi_Jr
May 6th, 2011, 01:43 AM
The suspense is killing me!!! This is like Christmas eve as a kid.:unwrap:

ScarabEpic22
May 10th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Any updates, last I heard May 9th was d-day for a beta update?

goldbergv95
May 10th, 2011, 09:10 AM
beta beta beta!!!

goldbergv95
May 16th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Where is everybody???

schwoch1
May 16th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Where is everybody???
Waiting for the release of the next update to EFI Live :)

Mike

ScarabEpic22
May 16th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Any update on the status of the pass through bug fix? If its not for a while, can the LL8 calibrations be uploaded soon?

goldbergv95
May 18th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Thats what I want to know...

GAMEOVER
May 18th, 2011, 06:57 AM
I hope the P11 gets some love...:D

goldbergv95
May 18th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Yeah, only the P class...

goldbergv95
May 18th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Got word that it should be here early this week. But however, its guarentee for the trailblazer P10s. I dont know about the rest since they are still fixing some minor issues but in the end will finish the rest by the end of this week.

skneeland
May 19th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Is this update going to be via the regular "update" menu, or does it require anything special? I thought i saw it mentioned that its not through the EFI pipeline, but a 3rd party developer?

ScarabEpic22
May 19th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Jesse helped EFILive develop the initial P10 calibrations, he gave me the updated file that we use now that came out in 2008. I doubt the next update will be a public release as the current one is, that one can be had using the upgrade menu. Usually there are a few beta builds then the next public release is put out, I think the last public release before the current one was back in November? I assume it will be a normal beta release through the forum, download the new V7.5 and V8 files and install them.

goldbergv95
May 25th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Anybody heard from them lately?

ScarabEpic22
May 25th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Nope, hope to get an update soon! Wanna play with these tables and wake the I6 up a little more.

goldbergv95
June 1st, 2011, 03:16 PM
Its been over a month and we still got nothing....

Blacky
June 1st, 2011, 03:49 PM
Its all scheduled for this weekend or early next week.
Regards
Paul

Jedi_Jr
June 5th, 2011, 12:06 AM
I posted this in the software forum, but no one noticed.
04 P10 OS 12597031 CAL 12576872 Cal Def file 12597031.calz

B0642 Misfire coolant enable is set to 125DEG C and that is 257 DEG F which would indicate that it never tests for misfire, as the engine never gets to 257. Is it supposed to be in DEG F?

goldbergv95
June 5th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Finally!!!! I wish I can test the program right now but my truck is being repaired from a recent accident.

Erik, have you tested the program on the I6 yet??

ScarabEpic22
June 5th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Well the .calz file number didnt actually increment to 7.11 (still at 7.10), but there are the new params there. Havent had a chance to play with it, been building stairs in my backyard this past week.

Looks like there are some tables Ive been dying to see in EFILive (HPT already has had them for a year or 2), I think now we can force the P10 to ignore that it's seeing boost...hmmm. Wont have spark and fuel control in boost, but the stock PCM might now go crazy when it sees more than 1 Bar on the MAP sensor.

Also, B0632 Actual Vs Commanded TPS I believe is actually the same table HPT has that refers to TPS vs Load. I think VE tuning is going to be a TON easier now that we can relate the Load % parameter to actual TPS input! :D

I dont know what the new EGR table is for, the I6 doesnt have a true EGR as the VVT takes care of it?

goldbergv95
June 9th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Also, B0632 Actual Vs Commanded TPS I believe is actually the same table HPT has that refers to TPS vs Load. I think VE tuning is going to be a TON easier now that we can relate the Load % parameter to actual TPS input! :D

I dont know what the new EGR table is for, the I6 doesnt have a true EGR as the VVT takes care of it?

I never knew hp has the tbs adjustments. Once my truck is fixed Ill try it. But the tbs under efilive is in max? Is that normal for a stock tb? Doesnt look like tbs can be adjusted.

Yes that EGR bugged me which is why I thought if it was a good idea to max it or zero it...

ScarabEpic22
June 9th, 2011, 05:49 AM
I havent had time to actually flash my truck yet, I started work last week and everything's a little hectic adjusting back to a normal schedule.

Maybe sunday Ill have a chance to play with it.

Wish I could play with those TPS% tables. Also the one I refer to is different, I havent calculated the difference in cell stepping on the data yet so I dont know exactly what the new table in EFILive goes to.