PDA

View Full Version : Is this COS 3 tune prepped for VE tuning?

Jim_PA
April 27th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I attempted to move a 1-bar SD tune from HPTuners into EFI Live. I thought I had them matched up pretty well, but when I run the truck with this tune file, it's VERY rich at idle (10-11), an leans out to 16+ above 3000 RPM.

I thought this would get me close enough from my HPT tune, but I must have missed something big somewhere. :doh2:

I know my VE table was pretty close with the HPTuners tune in there, I just can't quite figure out what I missed between the two.

joecar
April 27th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Jim,

Did you read the COS tutorial pdf...?

Did you full flash in an empty COS .tun file, and then follow with a cal-only flash from your OEM .tun file...?

After that, did you read the PCM and save to file...? This saved file is the file that you would copy tables into from your HPT file.

[ this saved file becomes your working file ]

[ there is an option to append an incrementing sequence number to the filename each time you do Save As ]

As you copy tables, are you making sure that the paste lines up properly with the axis's...?

Do you need to transpose any tables...?

Also fix these our of range cells:
- A0001
- A0002
- A0012
- A0013

See post #2 here: I-need-help-getting-the-most-out-of-my-car (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14654-I-need-help-getting-the-most-out-of-my-car)

joecar
April 27th, 2011, 03:05 PM
To do VE tuning (as in OLSD), read the AutoVE tutorial, it shows how to prep the working file.

Jim_PA
April 28th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Yes, I went through it all, I guess I'll go through it all again. Thought I maybe just missed something obvious to someone else.

I must have something backwards, as it's behaving like it's adding fuel backwards.

joecar
April 28th, 2011, 04:24 AM
In the tunetool, go Edit->Properties->Display and set fueling units to either EQ or AFR depending on what units the HPT fueling tables use; then restart tunetool.

Then look at the fueling tables (B3647, B3618) and re-copy them.

Jim_PA
April 28th, 2011, 07:20 AM
ah hah! B3647 looks like it didn't get set per the tutorial. Who hired that guy anyway?