PDA

View Full Version : 5.3L to 6.0L tuning??

coryhussey
April 28th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Im gonna be swapping out my 5.3L this weekend in favor of a lq9 6.0L. Currently the 5.3 has stock injectors, TR220 camshaft, z06 springs, 7.4 hardened pushrods, and dynatech long tubes and y pipe. The tranny also has a TBTC 2600 stall.

The lq9 i am putting in will have 31lb marine injectors, lightly worked 317 heads, isky 208/214 camshaft, with the longtubes and y pipe. I will be pulling the stall converter out when i do this swap though!!

my problem is my current tuner is not going to be able to get around to getting the tune done this weekend. He has sent me a tune for a lq9, but not with all the mods. Am I safe to run either the 5.3L tune, or the 6.0L tune for a few days until he gets my tune all done. or is this not a good idea. thanks

cory

here is a link to my current 5.3/4l60e combo. thanks

Slowrc
May 17th, 2011, 01:21 AM
I guess this reply is a little late but you could drive softly on a 6.0 tune as long as the tune is left with closed loop fueling still enabled. Don't swap injectors until you have the IFR tables for them flashed in tho, you will be way rich. Good luck. Not real sure why someone did not offer you some advice on this. try performancetrucks .net for questions like these. more activity over there. Good luck !

Taz
May 17th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Hello Slowrc,

You are "someone", and you just did "offer some advice on this".

Anytime a thread goes unanswered (for a reasonable amount of time), the person posting the question should "bump" it - so it goes to the top of the "What's New" category. Sometimes I spend a lot of time on this Forum .... other times I may be busy for days or weeks and not be able to participate ... guessing this dynamic may apply to many Forum members.

Regards,
Taz

Slowrc
May 17th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Taz, that is what I was saying, I go for weeks without logging on. Just trying to help. Did not mean to rub anybody wrong...