PDA

View Full Version : Newbie HELP

zbadestz
May 1st, 2011, 12:27 PM
I am looking to data log my 6L80E parameteers and the PIDs arnt supported.
I have E38/T43 ecu.

2008 LS3 Vette Supercharged

Looking to data log

Any help would be appreciated.

Also is the BBL my V2?

Taz
May 1st, 2011, 12:45 PM
Confirm your software is up to date (V7.5 & V8) and that your V2 FlashScan has been programmed with the latest Bootblock and Firmware. Then program the V2 with available controllers and PIDs. See the attached thread below for information on programming controllers & PIDs ...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16038-problems-with-V2-after-doing-new-update&p=141499&highlight=#post141499

BB = Black Box (your V2)
BBx = all Black Box functions
BBL = Black Box logging
BBF = Black Box flash
BBFF = Black Box full flash

Until you get things sorted out, I would recommend attempting "pass through" logging (using a Notebook computer connected to the V2). This may assist with trouble shooting your current issues. Once this is working to your satisfaction, move onto BBL (V2 only).

Regards,
Taz

zbadestz
May 1st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks TAZ for repling.

When I purchased it I had to update the firmware cause it wouldnt show any credits. It still says its not registered yet. trying to figure that out. I have been hooking laptop up and trying to organize the PIDs. I had some help last night with that. The above you mentioned will that help with the PIDs for the trans?

zbadestz
May 5th, 2011, 06:02 AM
TAZ I did the above and still the PIDs in the transmission file are not supported. Anything I can try?
Also does a serial cable come with the V2 for connecting a LC-1? I didnt get one...ugh

joecar
May 5th, 2011, 07:07 AM
zbadestz,

Did you update to latest V7 and V8 software from here (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=124)...?
Did you update V2 firmware (comes with V8 software) to 2.07.09...?
Did you get the V7 software registered...?
Did you get the PCM/ECM/TCM licenses figured out...?

This is how to connect LC-1 to V2 (null modem): serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?9340-serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2)

This is how to configure V2 BBx (look at pics):

showthread.php?14351-BBL-PIDs-V2 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14351-BBL-PIDs-V2&p=128785#post128785)
showthread.php?13841-What-is-BBL (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13841-What-is-BBL)
showthread.php?13836-New-V2-help-find-exlporer (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13836-New-V2-help-find-exlporer&p=123595&viewfull=1#post123595)
showthread.php?15492-V2-BBL-saving-log-data (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15492-V2-BBL-saving-log-data&p=136965#post136965)

zbadestz
May 5th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Email sent

Questions
1 yes
2 yes
3 trying
4 need help

joecar
May 5th, 2011, 07:46 AM
3. enter the details from your blue card (exactly as shown on blue card)... post screenshot.

4. after doing 1,2,3 this should sort itself out... post sceenshot.

zbadestz
May 5th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Did you get the PCM/ECM/TCM licenses figured out...?

where do I do this??

zbadestz
May 5th, 2011, 07:49 AM
post screen shot?

I appreciate your help...I am a noob to this

joecar
May 5th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Post a screenshot of theses windows:
- Help->Register EFILive
- Help->FlashScan V2 Licenses

See this thread (read posts #2 and #3): Hosting-an-Image (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?3064-Hosting-an-Image-%28see-next-post-for-Attaching-instead%29&p=144188#post144188)

Use these instructions for attaching screenshots to a post:

Go Advanced -> Manage Attachments -> Add Files -> Select Files,

select the file(s) you want to upload, Open,

Upload Files -> Done

That's ok, we're all noobs at some time or other. :)

zbadestz
May 5th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Joe I ask a wrong question. On the screenshot I didnt understrand what it meant on post 7. Now i do.

ive done everything but my laptop says pids are not supported. on v2 it shows them and logs them. I have uploaded trans and ecm maps on it before.

when i open scan/.tune it goes into demo mode. Is that a problem?

I have E38/T43 trying to log trans files and there are only a few supported on computer.

ScarabEpic22
May 5th, 2011, 08:20 AM
If you open V7.5 and it says Demo mode, you didnt enter the registration details correctly. Make sure the date is entered correctly, thats the only that usually gets messed up. For your V2, the card should say Commercial Scan and Tune license, make sure you select that in the drop-down box.

In the V7.5 Scan tool, press the green connect button in the upper left corner then select the proper controller type. Then click Info->Validate PIDs, click yes and then all supported PIDs for your controller will be available.

In V7.5 you can only log 1 controller at a time, BBL you can do both and V8's Scan Tool will let you do both as well when it is released.

zbadestz
May 5th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Mine says FlashScan Interface: Scan&Tune GM

It only says it when v2 is unplugged.

Does v2 need to be plugged into car to validate pids?

Taz
May 5th, 2011, 09:14 AM
To validate PIDs, first connect to the target controller (PCM / ECM / TCM), then select the Validate PIDs option.

Did you get your licence entered correctly, and the software out of Demo mode ?

Regards,
Taz

ScarabEpic22
May 5th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Yes, the V2 MUST be plugged in to validate the PIDs, otherwise it doesnt know what OS you're using.

zbadestz
May 5th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Thank you guys.....it works...... when is V8 being released? Now I need to order the cable and null modemn. where can I get those?

ScarabEpic22
May 5th, 2011, 10:29 AM
V8 is still under heavy development, a full public release is still probably months away. Right now V8 is used for V2 bootblock/firmware and programming BBx functions (BBL, BBF, BBR). Plus most controllers are able to be flashed using V8 (E38/T43 definitely is) and the flash times are faster than with V7.5. V7.5 is still used for the Scan tool and to edit/save tune files. Remember to save as a *.ctd if you want to flash the file with V8.

What WB do you have? If you have one of the supported ones, TAQuickness (forum member) makes WB specific to V2 cables, I have his LC1 to V2 cable and it works great! No null modem adapters needed! Doesnt look like his website is working right now, usually its www.taquickness.com

zbadestz
May 5th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I have an LC-1 I will try and look him up. Thanks

zbadestz
May 22nd, 2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the above help....Now I cant seem to get boost/vac to work... I did map and at idle it was like 8.4 maybe I am entering something wrong. Any ideas?

joecar
May 22nd, 2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the above help....Now I cant seem to get boost/vac to work... I did map and at idle it was like 8.4 maybe I am entering something wrong. Any ideas?Can't get boost/vac to work, do you mean the pids...? Can you post some screenshots.

zbadestz
May 22nd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Yes the pid. Is there a pid that does vac -20~+20 boost or do they need to be separate?

joecar
May 23rd, 2011, 01:50 AM
Try the attached calc pid file...

copy it to the folder My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Consiguration (WinXP) or equivalent in Win7...

in the scantool select the pids SAE.BARO, SAE.MAP, CALC.BOOST.

Negative values of CALC.BOOST are vacuum.

BTW: in gas calibrations the pid GM.BOOST doesn't work.

zbadestz
May 23rd, 2011, 04:15 AM
Thanks I will try when I get home

zbadestz
May 23rd, 2011, 08:54 AM
Try the attached calc pid file...

copy it to the folder My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Consiguration (WinXP) or equivalent in Win7...

in the scantool select the pids SAE.BARO, SAE.MAP, CALC.BOOST.

Negative values of CALC.BOOST are vacuum.

BTW: in gas calibrations the pid GM.BOOST doesn't work.

Okay working ...... Now my gauges reads -14 and the pid reads -9......I have checked it on boost yet. Any ideas on this?

Also on the maps (F11) I am trying to make a map Data is A/F, Column is Accel positon, Row is RPM...... I am trying to record A/F in those cells.. Can this be done? Even the avg A/F.

Thanks again

joecar
May 23rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
Okay working ...... Now my gauges reads -14 and the pid reads -9......I have checked it on boost yet. Any ideas on this?
Your gauge may be assuming 14.7 psi as the BARO reference.

The calc pid uses BARO as measured by the PCM; BARO will vary with altitude (what elevation are you at...?).

What does BARO show (at key on engine off, MAP should show the same value)...?

Also on the maps (F11) I am trying to make a map Data is A/F, Column is Accel positon, Row is RPM...... I am trying to record A/F in those cells.. Can this be done? Even the avg A/F.Yes, can be done... when viewing the map, click on the button x-bar (x with bar above it), this averages the value in each cell over the number of hits in that cell).

zbadestz
May 23rd, 2011, 10:54 AM
My cells where the A/F are seems to just count up to 266 and not display A/F.

Elevation 597ft

joecar
May 23rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
See these 4 buttons, press the 3rd one (x with bar above).

joecar
May 23rd, 2011, 12:56 PM
What do the BARO and MAP pids read when BOOST pid reads 9 psi...?

IDK why your gauge doesn't agree.

zbadestz
May 23rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
I will check