PDA

View Full Version : converter slip pid

crash85
May 2nd, 2011, 02:36 PM
is there any way to make a pid to check the slipage of the converter?

joecar
May 2nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
For which transmission...?

ScarabEpic22
May 2nd, 2011, 08:03 PM
Pretty sure both gas and diesel TCMs that are supported have appropriate corresponding slip PIDs.

crash85
May 3rd, 2011, 09:33 AM
allison so your saying it has one and i wouldnt need to make one

Taz
May 3rd, 2011, 09:55 AM
I don't do diesel tuning .... but try logging the following PIDs - one (or more) of them should yield the information you want:

GM.TCCRS
GM.TCCSLIP
GM.TCSLIP
GM.TIS
GM.TOS

Regards,
Taz

joecar
May 3rd, 2011, 11:15 AM
Also GM.TCCMODE.

crash85
May 3rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
where would ifind them at they are not in my pid list

Taz
May 3rd, 2011, 12:17 PM
Are you trying to use pass through or black box logging ??

Regards,
Taz

ScarabEpic22
May 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
Also LB7/LLY or LBZ/LMM Allison?

crash85
May 3rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
yea iam passing and using my lap top i belive thats what your asking right lb7 allison 5spd

Taz
May 3rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
Getting things working the way you want / need will take some reading, and some trial and error. Go to the EFILive home page (www.efilive.com (http://www.efilive.com)) and select the downloads tab, then select the documentation / tutorials option. Download the Scan Tool manual (if you don't already have it). Also, there is a very short interactive tutorial called "How to create a PID list" - that may be of help.

Once you create a rudimentary PID list, connect to your controller, and validate the PIDs. To record data press "F3" - to stop recording press "F4" (you will then be prompted to save the log). To monitor data (but not record) press "Ctrl" and "M" at the same time - to record from this monitoring state, press "Ctrl" and the "space bar" - or F4 to end the monitoring process.

It will take a little time to get comfortable with the Scan Tool. I still learn something every time I do something out of the ordinary.

Regards,
Taz

crash85
May 3rd, 2011, 01:55 PM
thanks i figured it out it was my stupid thinking i was using my old scan tool instead of the bb scan thanks for the help and quick response

crash85
May 4th, 2011, 10:32 AM
got another question how do i get the pids to show on the computer iam going to efi scan and tune then black box and programing the pids i wan to my v2 but iam not getting it to show up on the v2 what aim i doing wrong

joecar
May 4th, 2011, 10:58 AM
got another question how do i get the pids to show on the computer iam going to efi scan and tune then black box and programing the pids i wan to my v2 but iam not getting it to show up on the v2 what aim i doing wrongLook at the pics in the following threads:

showthread.php?14351-BBL-PIDs-V2 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14351-BBL-PIDs-V2&p=128785#post128785)
showthread.php?13841-What-is-BBL (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13841-What-is-BBL)
showthread.php?13836-New-V2-help-find-exlporer (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13836-New-V2-help-find-exlporer&p=123595&viewfull=1#post123595)
showthread.php?15492-V2-BBL-saving-log-data (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15492-V2-BBL-saving-log-data&p=136965#post136965)

Taz
May 4th, 2011, 11:00 AM
BBL (V2) and the Scan Tool don't share PIDs - but you can create user defined PID lists for each. In the Scan Tool you simply select the PIDs you want, then "save as" with whatever file name you want. With BBL (V2) the PIDs must be programmed into the V2 using the V8 software.

To create V2 PIDs - Open V8 and select "BBX" (F5), then select "Scan" (F2). There are some predefined PID groups, and numerous labeled "Unused" - you can rename these unused PID groups / lists to anything you want, then add the PIDs that you want.

After this, use the "Program ALL Required Data" function to program all PIDs (predefined & user defined) to the V2.

Hopefully this answers your actual question ...

Regards,
Taz

crash85
May 5th, 2011, 12:27 PM
ok i picked my pids and programed them to the v2 and hooked it up but the pids i picked isnt showing up

Taz
May 5th, 2011, 12:40 PM
OK ... if the V2 is connected to your vehicle, select the Scan Tool (F1) option. Then Select PIDs option (F1). The list of programmed PIDs will appear, and can be selected. If there is no list, or if there are missing PIDs - then either the V2 wasn't programmed correctly, or the user defined PIDs list wasn't saved correctly.

If the V2 is connected to your Notebook computer ... open EFILive Explorer. Select "Config Files" (F9). There should be an Options.txt file and numerous "controller" type files. If not, the V2 wasn't programmed correctly.

Regards,
Taz

crash85
May 9th, 2011, 01:21 PM
i ve got them in the "config files" but when I hook it up and click lb7 auto I dont get my tccslip to come up on the screen of the v2 what am i missing i loaded it just like you said

Taz
May 9th, 2011, 01:44 PM
OK ... just want to make sure we're communicating about the same thing ... in the V8 software you create a PID list, as an example say it was named "Trans 1". Then you select PIDs - in this case transmission / torque convertor PIDs - by dragging them from the column on the right, and dropping them into "Trans 1". When you are finished selecting PIDs you save the file.

Then you program the PID groups (file names) into the V2. The next time you connect the V2 to your vehicle, and to wish BBL, the PID group named "Trans 1" should be available. The individual PIDs contained within "Trans 1" are not viewable.

My apologies if this is not part of the current issue .... just wanted to make certain we were "on the same page".

Regards,
Taz

crash85
May 9th, 2011, 01:59 PM
yea thats wht Ive done but its not showing any thing is there a way to erase the memory on the v2 or would that help?

Taz
May 9th, 2011, 02:16 PM
OK ... in post #18 you mentioned selecting "LB7 auto" ... I don't do diesel tuning, but I believe you need to select / connect to the Allison trans controller (AL5 / A40 / A50) to log trans PIDs.

Again, I have never worked on a Duramax diesel, but give that a try and see what happens.

Regards,
Taz

crash85
May 11th, 2011, 01:02 PM
ok ive got it figured out thanks taz now how do i get my logging off my v2 to my laptop my screen on my v2 is messed up half way down so i cant see the bottom half of my screen and i was going to try and view it on my laptop

Taz
May 11th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Plug your V2 into your Notebook computer. Open EFILive Explorer. Copy the log file(s) from the "Scan" folder of the V2 to the EFILive\V7.5\Logged data folder of your Notebook. You then should be able to open it with the Scan Tool.

Regards,
Taz

crash85
May 11th, 2011, 01:27 PM
thanks taz