PDA

View Full Version : How to Data Log?

duramax07tmd
May 3rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
I have searched around for a while and have not found much on a step by step on data logging. Where do I need to start with my V2 and laptop to data log? Also, how do I get the on screen gauges on my computer to work. Meaning the RPM and speedo etc..

Thanks for any help.

Taz
May 3rd, 2011, 01:54 PM
Similar thread currently on the go that may help ...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16245-converter-slip-pid

You can view logged (or active) data in several ways - table, graph, or gauge type display (Dashboard). In the Scan Tool to view data in the Dashboard, press "F10". For RPM or speedometer data to be displayed, you must be actively logging (live data) or playing back a log file (saved data) where PIDs for RPM (SAE.RPM) and speed (SAE.VSS) were selected.

Regards,
Taz

joecar
May 3rd, 2011, 02:24 PM
I have searched around for a while and have not found much on a step by step on data logging. Where do I need to start with my V2 and laptop to data log? Also, how do I get the on screen gauges on my computer to work. Meaning the RPM and speedo etc..

Thanks for any help.With key on, in scantool do this:
- connect to vehicle (round green button at upper left),
- do Files->Select Controller and select your PCM/ECM,
- do Files->Enter VIN and enter your VIN,
- do Info->Validate pids, wait for it to finish,
- goto the PIDs tab and select some pids,
- goto the Dashboard tab (goto either A or B),
- press record (round red button at bottom center),

you can now watch the gauges move (dash A) or the chart fill with waveforms (dash B);

when you have logged enough, click stop (square buttton at bottom center) and save the log to file.

joecar
May 3rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
Oh, see post #11 of the thread that Taz linked to in post #2 above.

duramax07tmd
May 4th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Thanks guy, much appreciated!

Boost
May 4th, 2011, 02:40 AM
nice truck!

duramax07tmd
May 13th, 2011, 01:05 PM
With key on, in scantool do this:
- connect to vehicle (round green button at upper left),
- do Files->Select Controller and select your PCM/ECM,
- do Files->Enter VIN and enter your VIN,
- do Info->Validate pids, wait for it to finish,
- goto the PIDs tab and select some pids,
- goto the Dashboard tab (goto either A or B),
- press record (round red button at bottom center),

you can now watch the gauges move (dash A) or the chart fill with waveforms (dash B);

when you have logged enough, click stop (square buttton at bottom center) and save the log to file.

I followed these steps, but after I get the dashboard up and go to the record, I do not see any button that is round or red at the bottom center to record?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

duramax07tmd
May 13th, 2011, 01:06 PM
nice truck!

Thanks bud!

joecar
May 13th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I followed these steps, but after I get the dashboard up and go to the record, I do not see any button that is round or red at the bottom center to record?

Any suggestions?

ThanksCan you post a screenshot...

Taz
May 13th, 2011, 01:20 PM
After you have the Scan Tool connected to the target controller (at the top left of the screen the "disconnect for vehicle" button should now be red - would have been grey originally), press the "F3" key to begin recording and "F4" key to stop recording. Not sure why the Start / Stop / Pause buttons are not appearing at the bottom of your screen.

Regards,
Taz

duramax07tmd
May 13th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Can you post a screenshot...

I hate to say it but I am pretty handy with computers but capturing a screen shot is something that I am not familiar with. What screen am i suppose to be on when I start to record?

duramax07tmd
May 13th, 2011, 01:25 PM
After you have the Scan Tool connected to the target controller (at the top left of the screen the "disconnect for vehicle" button should now be red - would have been grey originally), press the "F3" key to begin recording and "F4" key to stop recording. Not sure why the Start / Stop / Pause buttons are not appearing at the bottom of your screen.

Regards,
Taz

Ok, thanks. Ill try the F3, F4 keys and see if that works. Idk if this has anything to do with it or not, but I tried doing this on my macbook pro computer. I used bootcamp to install windows 7 to be able to use my mac. I have another computer that is a net book that I use most of the time for EFI but I just wanted to try and see how it works on the mac.

Taz
May 13th, 2011, 01:25 PM
In the Scan Tool .... click on the "View" menu at the top of the screen ... then click on "Customize Tool bars" ... make sure there is a check mark in the "Playback toolbar" ... I prefer check marks in them all.

Regards,
Taz

duramax07tmd
May 13th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Ok, great! Ill try that and let yall know the outcome.

Thanks for all your help guys!