PDA

View Full Version : need stock tune 2011 srx or 2010 srx

redonetoo
May 4th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Anybody have stock tune for srx 3.0 liter sidi? Would like to compare to Terrain.

Taz
May 4th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Attached below is a 2010 SRX tune - front wheel drive model - with the 3.39 gears that you are using in your Terrain.

Regards,
Taz

redonetoo
May 4th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Thank you

redonetoo
May 4th, 2011, 10:41 AM
O/k you said that if the operating system is different it could cause problems. What kind of problems would I run into using this cal. ? There is quite a bit of difference in the two tunes.

ScarabEpic22
May 4th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Lots, pinouts off the ECM might be different, the A/C output on your Terrain could be the CAN bus comms on the SRX. This is why Ive said you cant just blindly run whatever OS you want, take your Terrain OS and slowly play with different tables to achieve your desired result.

redonetoo
May 5th, 2011, 10:30 PM
GM had some updates to their calibrations due to some hesitations during acceleration. Do you think the SRX cal has those updates? I believe the 2011 calibrations have the updates I don't know.

Taz
May 5th, 2011, 11:54 PM
To check the programming (including any updates) for the various modules (ECM / TCM / IPC / BCM / etc.) on your Terrain, go to the website below ...

http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

enter your VIN, then select the module of interest, use the "complete history" function / tab to view the original tune part numbers, and any subsequent updates.

Regards,
Taz

redonetoo
May 6th, 2011, 11:32 AM
My Terrain has the same OS as the 2011 srx. So I guess I need a cal for a 2011 srx. I have used that site before to flash the ecm on the terrain. Can I download a SRX calibration to EFI and use it to modify for Terrain? I have only used it to download directly to the car.

ScarabEpic22
May 6th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Just because the OS is the same doesnt mean everything else is. Seriously, I dont get why you're so dead set on using a SRX OS, I doubt anything will be different. Maybe use the spark, VVE, and VVT tables from it along with some trans params.

And no, you cannot download a Tech II/GM SPS/Tis2Web file directly to EFILive, that is illegal and a breach of the terms and agreements that SPS/Tis2Web. You must flash the ECM first using the Tech II/etc cable then read it out with EFILive.

Taz
May 6th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Did the search of your calibration history using your VIN show any updates ?

A complete full flash of the ECM (OS & Calibration) can only be done with a Tech II or similar J2534 compliant device. If your Terrain uses the same ECM OS as the SRX, then in theory you could flash the ECM with an SRX calibration using EFILive - but I would not recommend that course of action.

In this part of the world, if a vehicle is under an OEM warranty - reprogramming the ECM with a calibration from a different vehicle would void the vehicle's OEM warranty.

Regards,
Taz

EDIT: Erik was posting at the same time I was - I agree with his comments.

redonetoo
May 7th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Like I said before I am new to this whole tuning process. I have not been able to read the afr in the data log. It says unavailable. I don't know what the VVE table is nor do I see it in the calibration. Yes there are the same updates as the srx. As far as the Warranty what good is the warranty when you bring a driveabilty problem into the dealer and they say there is nothing wrong and you have to fix it yourself. I have a 4000lb SUV they geared too high from the factory that has 4 cylinder power with 8 cylinder fuel mileage. Yes I test drove the 4 cylinder version thinking the v6 had more power. Not much BUt my wife wanted the 6 cylinder for the power. SO I own this now and am trying to make the best of the situation. Gm tends to make cadillac more driver friendly. That is why I put the 3.39 gears in it. The cadillac is the only one that offers those gears. I had to program the TCM to one of an SRX to get it to shift properly. I figured if I program the ECM the same it might work better together.

GMPX
May 7th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I'm not sure what anyone else can say, a 4000lb SUV with a 3.0L motor is not going to accelerate well, remember, the 4 cyl in these SUV's is only 0.6 Litres smaller than the V6, not much difference. The engine makes it's peak torque at 5,500 RPM, below that it's working pretty hard with a 4,000lb weight to carry around. Putting higher gears in only makes the fuel economy worse on the highway because it's turning more RPM's.
In the end, the concept of running it a little leaner to pick up fuel economy isn't going to help, the problem is (and always will be) how hard the engine is always working in that vehicle. You might want to ask around for someone who has a CTS with the 3.0L and see what kind of mileage they get, that would be a good comparison, same engine, very different vehicles.

ScarabEpic22
May 8th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Why are you using the SRX TCM? The entire point of useing EFILive is you can adjust the STOCK OSs. As in take the SRX TCM settings (and SETTINGS ONLY) and use them in your Terrain.

I think you need to do more reading, Im probably sounding like an @$$ but you're blindly playing with fire. All it takes is one byte in an OS you keep throwing at your Terrain to not be compatible, and you could all of a sudden go lean at WOT and blow the motor, seize the transmission with too short of shift speeds, etc. Read read read, then read some more. Its taken me 5 years to get where I am now, and Im not an expert by any means.

All of the terminology is explained in depth on this forum, search is your best friend when learning something new, I use it all the time.

redonetoo
May 9th, 2011, 05:03 AM
I have the factory TCM in the car. I have a program from an srx tcm in it. I tryed to change the ratio in the ecm to correct the speedometer. The transmission didn't shift right. Once I calibrated the tcm to the srx cal it shifts fine. At the time I did all of this I didn't have EFI live. I paid someone to custom calibrate the ECM and TCM. THe TCM is fine but The ecm is still as factory as in regards to speedometer calibration. I think the vehicle is running too rich the tail pipe is smutted up. And when you wash it you get smut. Try taking it to a dealer to address that. No check engine light everything is fine. As a general rule GM is pretty good at the tuning of facory stuff. The reasoning behind the whole SRX thing is the fact I have the SRX gears in the transmission and those gears only come in the SRX. THe fuel mileage doesn't seem any worse with the gears but it isn't better either. The reasoning behind changing the gears was to help get the little thing out of such a bind.