PDA

View Full Version : How do I get Here with 7.5 scan on a 2004 LB7???? it will not work for me

tichey327
May 5th, 2011, 10:07 AM
From EFILive 7.5 scan users manual

Please take the following precautions: NOTE: the fans WILL turn ON during this test. • Apply the vehicle's parking brake. • Close hood. • Place transmission in park (auto) or neutral (manual).
• Keep foot on brake during the test procedure.
The three monitors will display the following values from the vehicle: • RPM - Engine speed must be between 900rpm and 1000rpm. • ECT - Engine coolant temperature must be between 150°F and 230°F (65°C and 110°C). • IAC/ETC - Idle Air Control or Electronic Throttle Control position.
The three buttons allow you to select the way you want to control the idle speed, they are: • IAC (F10) you can adjust the Idle Air Control motor position on 1999 and later vehicles. • ETC (F11) you can adjust the throttle position on a drive-by-wire vehicle. • IAC/98 (F12) you can adjust the Idle Air Control motor position on 1998 and earlier vehicles.
The two buttons [IAC (F10)] and [ETC (F11)] adjust the same setting in the PCM. Changing the IAC from 0 to 127 has the same effect as changing the ETC from 0 to
100. Except that EFILive limits the maximum ETC override to 15%.
Click on the [Start test (F3)] button to start the injector balance test. The relative workload of each cylinder will be calculated and shown in the horizontal bar chart.
At any time, click the same button (which will be labeled: [Stop test (F4)] while the test is running) to stop the test.

When I hit F3 it just starts recording data. but nothing like the window above pops up.
Note: I can command my fuel pressure and Idle speed and manually turn off 1 injector at a time. But F3 dose not give me the window shown above>

Please help this is the MAIN thing I bought EFILive for anyway

joecar
May 5th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Hi tichey,

Welcome to the forum :)

Several points:
- that page in the manual is for an older version of the software;
- the cylinder balance test is for gasoline engines (e.g. LS1);
- the newer software does not have an automated cylinder balance test (you have to manually turn off each injector in sequence while logging);
- the newer software's injector control DVT page is for gasoline engines;
- the manual has not yet been updated since the software has been going thru some major changes.

When you go into the DVT page, do you select your vehicle's engine controller...?
If you do, then any controls that pertinent to your engine will be available for you to use.

joecar
May 5th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I asked Tech Support for guidance regarding applicability to diesel controllers.