PDA

View Full Version : Warranty is void

Blacky
December 30th, 2005, 12:31 PM
So I left one of the FlashScan test units in the engine bay.
Found it the next morning in the middle of the road. :nixweiss:

Trippin
December 30th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Poor thing.....it never had a chance.
:bash:

SinisterSS
December 30th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Looks pretty good to me.

EFILive - Going above and beyond in durability testing. :D

Tordne
December 30th, 2005, 12:43 PM
That is like killing one of Ross's children :muahaha:

How could you, and at Christmas as well :banana:

Blacky
December 30th, 2005, 12:46 PM
I heard a bang under the floor pan as I was driving home last night. I just thought I'd kicked up a rock. I realised what the bang was when I popped the bonnet (hood) and remembered I had left two FlashScan units sitting on the radiator panel. One survived intact. It got caught in the stone tray under the sump (phew).

Could have been an expensive night at the movies. I was going to title this post "FlashScan goes to the movies..."

Paul

Blacky
December 30th, 2005, 12:48 PM
That is like killing one of Ross's children :muahaha:

How could you, and at Christmas as well :banana:

I did feel kinda bad that one of my "babies" was lying in a ditch on the side of the road somewhere.
Paul

Max Power
December 30th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Better you then me :)

Black02SS
December 30th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Would that be covered under warranty?

:muahaha:

GMC-2002-Dmax
December 30th, 2005, 01:53 PM
A little JB Weld and it will be fine......maybe some Krazy Glue :notacrook:

wait4me
December 30th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Lol, That is pretty funny. It looks like it really tried to hang on.. Poor thing. What a way to go..
With all the pain it is going thru, it may be a good idea to just pull the plug on it and bury him and let him go peacefully into the trash bin up in the sky......

But you have to think how the other one feels, It let go of his freind and now has to live with that Awful experiance for the rest of its V1 life...

Bruce Melton
December 30th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I'll bet the bastards won't cover that under warranty. Tell them the last few times you used it it was getting warmer than usual-- then-- kaboom!

bink
December 30th, 2005, 04:42 PM
So I left one of the FlashScan test units in the engine bay.
Found it the next morning in the middle of the road. :nixweiss:

Are you sure about that??:D

I mean.................am I the only guy who's inclined to beat on inanimate objects??
NOT that I would beat on a FlashScan unit.....but, if frustrated while "tuning" and a hammer within reach............I've learned it's best to walk away :bash: .

Tordne
December 30th, 2005, 04:56 PM
I've learned it's best to walk away :bash: .

That would have been a very beneficial lesson, on the bank balance anyway...

I'm still questioning why the FlashScan unit was in the engine bay :muahaha:

The OBDII connector is under the steering column in a Commodore after all.

Blacky
December 30th, 2005, 05:45 PM
I'm still questioning why the FlashScan unit was in the engine bay

I had the bonnet (hood) up for connecting the battery charger and had just programmed two FlashScan units ready for some black box logging (one for the trip out and one for the trip back). Then we decided to go to the movies instead. So I put the two units down on the radiator cover while I got changed. Came back, unhooked the battery charger, closed the hood and the rest is, as they say history. :bawl::bawl:

You know the stupid thing is, as I put them down I thought, that's a dumb place to leave them you'll probably forget that they are there...

My only defense is that they blended in with the EFILive sticker...

Paul

Trippin
December 30th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Was the movie any good? :D

Tordne
December 30th, 2005, 05:55 PM
My only defence is that they blended in with the EFILive sticker...

Better not put that sticker in my V2 upgrade box then. I can't afford potential mistakes like that, especially if the "Warranty is void" :muahaha:

I'm waiting for a clever remark from Ross :wave:

GMPX
December 30th, 2005, 08:46 PM
I told Paul to send it over, that's an easy fix :nixweiss:
Perhaps Paul and tuning don't match, remember the laptop on the Ute incident :bawl:

Cheers,
Ross

VetPet
December 31st, 2005, 03:58 AM
I'm not sure what's worse....... this, or the dream I was Dolly Parton's baby and I was being bottle fed. :Throwup:

bink
December 31st, 2005, 04:16 AM
I'm not sure what's worse....... this, or the dream I was Dolly Parton's baby and I was being bottle fed. :Throwup:

That's not a dream that's a nightmare. You'd starve!! I doubt her fake ones work very well.

Cheers,
joel

bink
December 31st, 2005, 04:22 AM
I had the bonnet (hood) up for connecting the battery charger and had just programmed two FlashScan units ready for some black box logging (one for the trip out and one for the trip back). Then we decided to go to the movies instead. So I put the two units down on the radiator cover while I got changed. Came back, unhooked the battery charger, closed the hood and the rest is, as they say history. :bawl::bawl:

You know the stupid thing is, as I put them down I thought, that's a dumb place to leave them you'll probably forget that they are there...

Paul

Always working.............................no doubts about where your success comes from.

Wish I new of a foolproof method to teach this to kids!!

TAQuickness
January 1st, 2006, 02:08 PM
sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to v2.

Blacky
January 1st, 2006, 02:51 PM
Was the movie any good? :D
It was ok but I'd rather have been tuning my car.
We saw the latest "Harry Potter" film, Donna is a Harry Potter fan. I though it was a bit long and tedious and predictable. I ran out of Jaffas before the film ended. :(

Blacky
January 1st, 2006, 02:54 PM
sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to v2.

Now running over one of those would make bigger dent in the budget. Still cheaper than destroying a laptop. As Ross indicated I was demoing EFILive to a workshop one day and had all my gear on the rear of a ute. The guy said he was going to put the car on the dyno, which was about 10 feet behind. I just left it all there thinking he was going to reverse back. But he drove off down the street and everything fell off the back, cables, PCMs, harnesses, my laptop all went sliding downd the road. The mouse got a few grazes but everything survived.
Paul

GMPX
January 1st, 2006, 03:01 PM
Now running over one of those would make bigger dent in the budget. Still cheaper than destroying a laptop. As Ross indicated I was demoing EFILive to a workshop one day and had all my gear on the rear of a ute. The guy said he was going to put the car on the dyno, which was about 10 feet behind. I just left it all there thinking he was going to reverse back. But he drove off down the street and everything fell off the back, cables, PCMs, harnesses, my laptop all went sliding downd the road. The mouse got a few grazes but everything survived.
Paul

It was painful to watch, it was a twin turbo and there was probably 6 guys standing around as he drove down the end of the street to turn around, we figured for sure he's show us some tyre smoke......the laptop fell off before that :eek:

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
January 1st, 2006, 03:57 PM
Man Paul, sounds like you have some really crappy luck.

PS - Ever come up with anything on the email I sent you?

TAQuickness
January 3rd, 2006, 11:44 AM
It was ok but I'd rather have been tuning my car.
We saw the latest "Harry Potter" film, Donna is a Harry Potter fan. I though it was a bit long and tedious and predictable. I ran out of Jaffas before the film ended. :(

What's that ^^^

Tordne
January 3rd, 2006, 11:46 AM
Jaffa's are small balls of chocolate coated in an orange flavoured shell, yummy!

Jaffa's (http://www.silverfernz.com/prodView.asp?idproduct=391)

Blacky
January 3rd, 2006, 12:48 PM
What's that ^^^

Jaffa - think spherical m&m, half inch in diameter, orange in color.
Giant Jaffa - think spherical m&m, inch in diameter, orange in color.

Also: JAFA - I have found out since moving to New Zealand that the rest of the country refers to people living in Auckland as Just Another F.... Aucklander. (But that's not the kind I ran out of).

Paul

joecar
January 3rd, 2006, 04:40 PM
If you're in a movie theatre which has wood (uncarpeted) aisles/stairs, you throw some jaffas down the aisle/stair and it makes one good racket :muahaha:(almost gets you thrown out... :bawl:).

Edit: In fact, pretty much everyone throws jaffas down the aisle (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaffas) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaffa_%28chocolate%29%29).

bink
January 3rd, 2006, 06:01 PM
If you're in a movie theatre which has wood (uncarpeted) aisles/stairs, you throw some jaffas down the aisle/stair and it makes one good racket :muahaha:(almost gets you thrown out... :bawl:).

Edit: In fact, pretty much everyone throws jaffas down the aisle (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaffas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaffas).)) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaffas).).

Hmmm .......those Jaffas look very good. :thankyou2:

When I was a kid going to the local Theater/movie house, we would throw Boston Baked Beans and LemonHeads (both Round Hard candy) at the screen.
The sound of the candy ricochetting off the screen and bouncing on the floor was great.

Sometimes we were ejected :nixweiss: .

Cheers,
joel

TAQuickness
January 4th, 2006, 06:15 AM
<in a homer voice> mmmmmmmmm.... orange chocolate balls

I'm starting to believe there is a silver lining in every cloud. We've gone from maliciously sacrificing Flashscan units to humming Jafa's down the isle. What a great thread :hihi:

bink
January 4th, 2006, 03:38 PM
It's what Guys are all about. :D

We either construct or destruct. Constructive or Destructive - that's us.

foff667
January 8th, 2006, 05:19 AM
now what i wanna know was what the hell you had them under your hood for...you werent using them to turn any nuts or bolts lol...we can all understand the occassional flashlight or hammer or wrench, but 2 units? lol

Black02SS
January 8th, 2006, 05:50 AM
now what i wanna know was what the hell you had them under your hood for...you werent using them to turn any nuts or bolts lol...we can all understand the occassional flashlight or hammer or wrench, but 2 units? lol

Paul

There is your answer foff. :lol:

foff667
January 8th, 2006, 09:05 AM
"You know the stupid thing is, as I put them down I thought, that's a dumb place to leave them you'll probably forget that they are there..."

don't ya hate when that happens...when you know its probably the worst possible place to put something but figure since your thinking to yourself about it you'll end up remember it with no problem. lol

Black02SS
January 8th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Sell it as refurbished. :)

JTurner
January 24th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Sorry we will be unable to repair this unit!