PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with LS1B reflash

jbehe
May 8th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Working with an 04 Vette with a P2101. After 12 successful flashes got error message that Boot loader was rejected because engine not at 0, vehicle speed not at zero, or a flash memory fault. Now ecu in limbo. Using latest version software V7.5.6 b157 and V2 firmware 2.7.9. No additional equipment in vehicle and was using approved GM power supply connected to vehicle battery. What happened and how do I recover ecu. Thanks.

joecar
May 8th, 2011, 08:30 AM
When did P2101 first show up...?

Vehicle speed not zero: what does scantool read for VSS...?

I pm'd Tech Support.

Tordne
May 8th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Assuming the vehicle was not actually running at the time of the flash (which is obviously not supposed to be the case) the flash memory fault may unfortunately be the cause.

If you go to the 'Flash->Show PCM Info' menu option and query the LS1B controller what status do you get returned?

Are there any DTCs (other than P2101)?

jbehe
May 9th, 2011, 12:00 AM
No, the engine wasn't running. When I query the ecu I get all the info regarding vehicle and calibration. P2101 is the only code. The last flash that was done indicated that it was successful. The key was cycled off for 15 seconds but the car would not restart.

Tordne
May 9th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Have you tried flashing in one of the earlier calibrations that did not exhibit this problem? On the full-flash dialogue there is a 'Recover PCM' option that you could try ticking when you flash.

Let us know how you go...

jbehe
May 9th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I already tried the recover pcm option and receive the same boot loader rejected message.

Tordne
May 9th, 2011, 10:59 AM
When you have Flashscan v2 connected to the vehicle and turn the ignition on do you see a lot of LED activity for a few seconds immediately after turning the ignition on (which is normal). Also does the second from the right LED pulse in a constant sequence (meaning the PCM has issues)?

jbehe
May 9th, 2011, 11:58 PM
The second led from the right pulses continually.

Tordne
May 10th, 2011, 09:40 AM
That is what happens when the ECM is in deadpoll mode or doesn't have a valid calibration. I put my test PCM in that state and was able to recover it with a full flash using the V7.5 software without issue. If you are not able to perform a successful full-flash then really the only option will be to replace the PCM controller.

jbehe
May 10th, 2011, 10:32 AM
What do you think was the cause? I've never had one that I couldn't recover. Just curious.

Tordne
May 10th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Well I guess there could be a genuine fault with the PCM controller where the flash has become corrupt by itself. Or a flash operation ful-failed really early in the process (where the traffic light is red). At this time the bootloader portion of the flash is being updated and a failure at this stage of the process will cause the PCM to be unresponsive and non-recoverable.

driver456
July 1st, 2011, 11:49 PM
I'm getting the same thing with 2 good working pcm's,Well they were good.How can that be?"Boot loader was rejected, engine speed is not zero,vehicle speed is not zero,A flash memory fault has been detected".Can't flash it or read or recover............Paul

joecar
July 2nd, 2011, 03:28 AM
Paul,

is this using the V7 tunetool to perform the flash...?

do you have a V1 or V2...?

[ joe's note: reference thread: 16707-Recent-upgrade-and-can-t-flash-anymore (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16707-Recent-upgrade-and-can-t-flash-anymore)! ]

driver456
July 2nd, 2011, 04:36 AM
I have both Joe,Tried flashing in the car,Bench flashed,rolled back driver's,I tried a bunch of things and nothing seem's to work.There's no way 2 people can have the same thing and it being the pcm's.And this is on 2 pcm's that I have!...............Paul

Blacky
July 2nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
I have both Joe,Tried flashing in the car,Bench flashed,rolled back driver's,I tried a bunch of things and nothing seem's to work.There's no way 2 people can have the same thing and it being the pcm's.And this is on 2 pcm's that I have!...............Paul
We're working on a problem in the V7.5.7.167 and earlier software that could cause those problems.
Don't flash anymore PCMs until update V7.5.7.168 has been released.

Regards
Paul

driver456
July 2nd, 2011, 01:50 PM
I don't have any more to flash :)The 2 pcm's I had were extra's,I'm not worried about,But the RR pcm keeps on ticking!