PDA

View Full Version : Dtc 0193

jkf
May 9th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Hey need some help here;
I have a DTC 0193, and a real rough idle issue. My tuner thinks it a fuel pressure sensor, could this be correct? Is this the same as a fuel pressure regulator?
The idle sounds really bad, don't know if I should even drive it.
Thanks!

Boost
May 10th, 2011, 01:03 AM
DTC P0193: Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

The ECM detects that the signal circuit voltage is more than 4.75 volts for more than 1 second.

•Turn ON ignition, with the engine OFF.
•Disconnect the FRP sensor connector and probe the signal circuit with a test lamp connected to ground. The test lamp should not illuminate.
⇒ If the test lamp illuminates, test the signal circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuits test normal, replace the control module.

•Connect a DMM between the FRP 5-volt reference circuit and ground, and measure the voltage. The voltage should be 4.7-5.2 volts.
⇒ If the voltage is not within the specified range, test for an open in the 5-volt reference circuit. If the circuits test normal, replace the control module.

•Connect a fused jumper between the FRP signal circuit and the low reference circuit and observe the actual fuel rail pressure parameter with a scan tool.
⇒ If fuel pressure goes to 0 MPa , replace the FRP sensor.

⇒ If fuel pressure does not go to 0 MPa, test the signal circuit and the low reference circuit for an open. If the circuits test normal, replace the control module.

jkf
May 10th, 2011, 01:59 AM
OK, That is something I can't do, due to lack of tools, and time. What is a control module vs. the FRP sensor?

jkf
May 10th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Problem solved! I had to back out the DSP pins and turn them 90 degrees to seat properly, and when I did that I accidentally backed another wire out on another row, straight across from the ground wire. Got it back in, truck runs fine.
Mods can close this thread.

joecar
May 10th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks for posting your outcome, this may help others. :cheers:

Boost
May 10th, 2011, 09:04 AM
+1 Good deal! :)