PDA

View Full Version : TCC Tuning Issue

BlownSierra
May 11th, 2011, 08:57 PM
It appears as though my pcm is using my cruise table for tcc settings as opposed to normal. I changed my shift points, tcc lockup and tcc pressures and everything seems right except for my tcc lockup. I cannot get my tcc to lock in third or below 50mph at any tps. I searched my settings and found that the only entry near 50 was 49 in my cruise settings. I've attached my .tun.

Thanks in advance

goldbergv95
May 12th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Try setting all your missfire tables to max (32767).

BlownSierra
May 12th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Would knock sensor cause it to choose a different mode? I haven't logged a misfire in a while. I just noticed that my performance mode unlock is set to 50.... Is there any reason my pcm would read performance mode instead of normal when tow/haul isn't engaged?

Taz
May 12th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Record a log with the following PIDs:

GM.GEAR (Current Gear)
SAE.RPM (RPM)
GM.TSHIFT (Shift Pattern)
GM.TCCMODE (TCC Mode)
GM.TFT (Transmission Fluid Temperature)
SAE.VSS (Vehicle Speed)
GM.TP (Throttle Position)
SAE.ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature)
This should help sort out when the convertor is / is not locking.

Regards,
Taz

joecar
May 12th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Also, TSTATE09 and TSTATE10 give reasons for no lock.

BlownSierra
May 12th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I'm setting up my PIDs now and I'll run that log in a few. The converter does lock, in fact, consistently as soon as I hit 50, which would indicate to me that it is reading my performance tcc table. However, when I tried tow/haul this morning the shift points clearly shifted to the performance table and wouldn't lock unless I went highway speeds to get it into fourth. I'm running 2002 12212156 and I did a segment swap when I switched to my 4l80e. Is there any way I did the segment swap wrong or it's corrupt?

Taz
May 12th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I take it you copied over both the transmission calibration and transmission diagnostic segments. What vehicle / tune file did you take the segments from ? Could you post that tune also ?

Regards,
Taz

BlownSierra
May 20th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I re-downloaded the 2002 6.0 4l80e tune from holden crazy, did a segment swap from my old files except for trans calibration and manually redid my trans cal and everything seems to work just fine now. Weird.

Taz
May 21st, 2011, 01:16 PM
Nicely done ! Sometimes it doesn't matter why things work - just as long as they do.

Regards,
Taz