PDA

View Full Version : converter slip

crash85
May 12th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I want to log my converter slip what all do i need to log and what are the % that i need to look for before its considered bad

Brian1
May 16th, 2011, 08:50 AM
In the V7.5 Scan software is two trans slip calculations One for 01-05 and the for for 06 and up.
If you look for trans clutch slip 01-05 and trans clutch slip 06- PIDs.
Being a calculated PID it is not available on the Flashscan V2 Black Box Logging if that is what you are doing. But if select the following needed PIDs for the calculated trans clutch slip PID then you can review your log of that from the V7.5 Scan app.

The Calculated PID for the trans clutch slip 06 consist of the follow. RPM = ({GM.TIS})-(({GM.TOS})*(0.61))-({GM.TCCSLIP})
So this means you need to log TIS and TOS Pids to get the calculation. Also while looking at the calculation it is only for the 6th gear position based on the final gearing output of 6th being .61 which is 6th gear ratio from input to output of The allison 1000 6 speed. The 5 speed is .71 on 5th gear. which is what is used in the other calculated PID.

As to the limit of slip I do not know that value. But someone may know. When you log that be sure to be in Tow/Haul mode so it locks up in the lower gears and quicker as well.

Brian