PDA

View Full Version : ScanTool PID help

FUBAR
May 15th, 2011, 10:53 PM
For some reason I have my full PID selection on my laptop, but on my home computer it doesn't. Both are registered and are identical how they're setup. Included are a couple of pics showing the difference.

Please help, thanks.

Home PC that will not load up all PID's for the LBZ
Andrewhttp://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx153/motocraneguy17/EFIPID2.jpg

Here is the one that works with all the PID's for the LBZ.
http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx153/motocraneguy17/EFIPID.jpg

Taz
May 16th, 2011, 12:53 AM
At some point you have connected your Notebook computer to the target controller - I noticed the "Supported" box is checked on your Notebook PIDs - indicating they have been validated at some point. Unless you "bench top" tune with your Desktop computer - odds are it has never been connected to the target controller.

The most simple and accurate method I can think of, for your situation, would be to create, validate, name, and save PID lists on your Notebook computer - then copy these PIDs to your Desktop computer.

PIDs are generally saved to C:\****\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\PIDs. The "****" represents whatever default name you used for that particular computer when you initially set up Windows.

Regards,
Taz

Ninety8C5
May 16th, 2011, 01:52 AM
PIDs are generally saved to C:\****\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\PIDs. The "****" represents whatever default name you used for that particular computer when you initially set up Windows.

Regards,
Taz

In the PIDS folder on your Notebook that Taz mentioned, there should be two files that are similar to your VIN (e.g. 2G2FV32G_Y2.vml and a 2G2FV32G_Y2.vpl. These files contain the information about the valid PIDS. Copy these two files to your Desktop computer in the same location and everything should be okay.

FUBAR
May 16th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Thanks to both of you!!! I knew it had to be something to the nature of that. Gained another wrinkle in the 'ol noggin today.